Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Need For Speed Shift
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2009, 08:47 

Saitek Gamers is like the best keyboard ever for the money, great key feedback, nice back lighting, the programmable pad is like just a bonus.

I never use the pad simply because I dont want to use their software, but I have to disagree with you slightly, I like the Eclipse quite a bit better, the only actual difference to the gamer is that its built a little bit better, and the light seeps through the letters, so the keys them selves are illuminated not the area between the keys.

I never ever use the lighting though personally, it hurts my eyes.

We better hop back on topic though heh

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 06:26 

I'm sure 'ergonomic experts' would disagree but to some of us wrist pad/rests are worse, every keyboard I've tried with one, I end up ripping it off. They make my wrists hurt, while not having any, I've never had my wrists hurt, even after hours on the computer typing.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 06:33 
Editors
Editors

I got a original eclipse keyboard on the way now from buy.coms ebay store. My Saitek I think has an issue with the caps lock sticking so it was an excuse to get a new one. Also I find its HID device properties sometimes interfears with other controllers and things I am hoping the eclipse wont do that.

Was like $35 but I used a $1.20 ebay bucks certificate and the 8% bing cashback so only about $30 after the fact and will sell my saitek for like $10 on craigslist.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 06:41 

Yeah I dont think the HID stuff is fixed, I'm pretty sure its present even in the Eclipse II. That's my only real gripe with it, thankfully its pretty rare and its easy to disable.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009, 18:21 

The eclipse II uses the same HID/detection as the first one, including a non-existant command pad, it does send bogus gamepad controls though, but disabling it in dev. manager fixes it, just open dev. manager + gamepad control panel and disable the one that removes the command pad from the gamepad control panel listing.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2009, 06:18 

Well, to finally see a need for speed title that supports surround gaming resolutions out of the box...and its a half decent game to boot, fantastic!

...however I doubt I'm alone in being annoyed to death that the mini-map at the bottom left is sliced up by your bezels with 3840x1024 mode eh? Considering that's my only real gripe with the game so far I'm pretty impressed.

Post subject: Need for Speed Shift
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 02:18 

I just tried nfs shift in 5040x1050 for the first time and it's getting up to the "if you want to race, take it to the track" warning and then the screen strobes endlessly between black and my desktop. The audio plays just fine, and I can hear the menu selector going up and down if I push up or down on the keyboard, but the screen stays strobing between black and my desktop. It works just with no problems on 1680x1050, but does as described above when I change it to any setting that includes 5040x1050. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Need for Speed Shift
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 10:10 
Editors
Editors

Hi, please fix your sig as per the rules :
List system specs horizontally - not vertically. No more than four rows at size 10 font.

Also try searching for existing threads next time ;)

Anyway:
- try deleting My DocumentsNFS SHIFTgraphicsconfig.xml to start from scratch.
- display modes in Shift consist of resolution + AA setting + refresh rate, did you try all 5040 modes ?

Post subject: Re: Need For Speed Shift
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 13:01 

Hello,
I am running the game in 3840 TH but during or after the first race (the test phase with the bmw 6er series) the game crashes.
In single head resolution it does not crash.

Does anybody have an idea?

Post subject: Re: Need For Speed Shift
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 13:30 
Editors
Editors

Too much pressure on your config ? :?
Is the rest of the game ok at 3840 after that first race ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next