Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 18:15 

Hi to all the only hope to arrenge all is dopefish help us pls for a proper fow like mw2 thanks

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2010, 18:49 
Editors
Editors

Hi to all the only hope to arrenge all is dopefish help us pls for a proper fow like mw2 thanks
Hello ...
Did you read the thread ? ...
Perhaps the title was misleading ... I adjusted it to reflect new information.
The FOV can be set in the settings.ini file in the BFBC2 folder in documents.

8)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 02:28 
Editors
Editors

Here's a tip I just tried & gained a noticable increase in fps. I have an X-Fi card so set mine to 3.

GameSettings.ini :
SoundSystemSize= 1 software(default) / 2 hardware / 3 XFI

Update...holy cow, this setting makes a BIG difference. I'm getting at least +5 fps from this.

Just checked mine as I use an xfi also... and mine is set at 4 by default... lol. I guess thats above the xfi?
edit: nvm saw the post, after it was just the sound type. Mine is set to War Tapes aka #4

Also I have not messed with the FOV yet but I tried a single screen first and then did eyefinity mode and my FOV extended on its own and looked really good to me. I guess you guys are just not happy with that and further extending the fov?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 09:02 

Thanks for your respond i all ready read all for that fov from settings is ok but the gun it is not in the center like MW2?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 09:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for your respond i all ready read all for that fov from settings is ok but the gun it is not in the center like MW2?

Who cares, the bullets go in the centre???

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 10:48 

[quote]Thanks for your respond i all ready read all for that fov from settings is ok but the gun it is not in the center like MW2?

Who cares, the bullets go in the centre???

I will give you a bullet in your centre. :rockout

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 13:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Just checked mine as I use an xfi also... and mine is set at 4 by default... lol. I guess thats above the xfi?
edit: nvm saw the post, after it was just the sound type. Mine is set to War Tapes aka #4

You'd have to read the previous posts, too. This game actually does not support hardware at all. All audio is software-only. They did this because they're doing audio processing that is not possible to do with hardware. That setting in the .ini just changes the style of the sound, not whether it's using software, hardware, xfi, etc.

As for +fullproc, one of the DICE developers posted on twitter that this command is not used in the game. If people use it, it's just a placebo effect.

What? Are you talking about the position of the gun, or are you talking about bullets not firing to the center of the iron sights?

I have not noticed anything weird or wrong about the position of the gun on the screen. It seems fine for me.

As for the bullets, the game does have bullet travel time. This means that over distance, the bullets will fall off. When sniping, you have to actually use the mildots on the scope. And if you're trying to shoot someone far away with an assault rifle, you need to just account for the fall off yourself.

See this video for an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogUvfkQJmys

I've gotten a +500 marksman headshot. :)

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 18:52 

Hey men! Help please!! :!:
Call for the guru Dopefish!! :bowdown
Is possible to explain step by step (if possible how to change the FOV with modify the file GameSettings.ini ) with text and images about that file change?
More better will made to increase/change the magic little DOPEFISH's software "widescreen Fixer"!!
For example I use the "standard" (in the setting video options about the BBC2 pc version) resolution 3840 x 1024.
I dont know if this can help or is not important, but I use 3 monitors: the central 24" and the others 2 in 21" inches... and, of course, the wonderful TH2GO!
Thanks in advance! :cheers
(sorry for my bad english!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:20 

Hey men! Help please!! :!:
Call for the guru Dopefish!! :bowdown
Is possible to explain step by step (if possible how to change the FOV with modify the file GameSettings.ini ) with text and images about that file change?

Hey man, just open your config file (my documents->bfbc2->settings.ini) and change the fov= value to whatever you want. It's that easy! :cheers

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 10:57 

What change the FOV value I can use ? :?:
For the resolution 3840 x 1024 (I use usualy format 3 x 5:4 surround like in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2) ! :D
Is possible this?
:arrow: My OS is windows 7 64 bit... :doh
Thanks at all in advance!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next