Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 13:08 

What FOV setting are people using for 5040x1050? I'm finding anything above 90 creates a riduculous fisheye distortion on the centre monitor completely disproportionate to the side monitors :(

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 19:12 
Insiders
Insiders

70 or 80 is fine, depending on personal preference. There is no 'right' FoV. Iuse 80, most people I know use about that, although a few like it up at 90. IMO 90 makes it feel like you are looking down a tube.

Hey man, just open your config file (my documents->bfbc2->settings.ini) and change the fov= value to whatever you want. It's that easy!
Please read the thread those who are asking how to do it.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 05:15 

70 or 80 is fine, depending on personal preference. There is no 'right' FoV. Iuse 80, most people I know use about that, although a few like it up at 90. IMO 90 makes it feel like you are looking down a tube.

Hey man, just open your config file (my documents->bfbc2->settings.ini) and change the fov= value to whatever you want. It's that easy!

I'm sorry M1.9, I don't understand; are you asking me to reply to another thread?

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 05:17 

What FOV setting are people using for 5040x1050? I'm finding anything above 90 creates a riduculous fisheye distortion on the centre monitor completely disproportionate to the side monitors :(

Remember that the FOV listed here is vertical FOV, not horizontal FOV as is the case in most other FPSs that allow you to adjust FOV. I run at that res and I like 60 personally. Good luck!

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 07:10 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]70 or 80 is fine, depending on personal preference. There is no 'right' FoV. Iuse 80, most people I know use about that, although a few like it up at 90. IMO 90 makes it feel like you are looking down a tube.

I'm sorry M1.9, I don't understand; are you asking me to reply to another thread?

No I was saying that to Tulamat, the answer to his question was just the post previous to his!

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 06:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Does anyone else here get their PCs freezing every few hours while playing this game? Seems to happen to me all the time.. I updated my drivers to 10.3 preview, no go. Disabled my onboard sound and deleted the sound drivers and changed the directx to 9 instead of auto.. that seemed to make it crash less often (2-3 hours instead of 30 mins).

Haven't had any issues playing Mirror's Edge or Napoleon Total War except one or two CTDs. Nowhere as annoying as having to restart my computer (seems to take forever to boot into windows nowadays).

Just curious if my PC freezes have anything to do with using the state of the art ATI 5xxx video cards.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 07:25 
Editors
Editors

During the time it took me to beat the entire single player game I got a BSOD 3 times.

It would show up on the two right monitors but not the 3rd. I have never gotten a BSOD from any other game so it could be game related but I just updated to the 10.3 preview drivers recently also so that could be part of the cause (and I am playing with the new feature bezel management on)

I thought it was heat at first because after the BSOD the system makes the fans go to 100% on the GPU for a long time, but I opened my case and tested that and still got BSOD.

I found a thread on another forum where several other people reported BSOD on this game, so I think its mostly a game issue.

I also have seen a popup with some kind of display port link error a few times at random when exiting a game, but it does not seem to have any effect and I can just click "ok" and move on. I am using a native display port connection to a Dell U2410 so I should not have any issues, I have only seen that error reported by users of adapters.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 08:27 

I had one crash in 8 hrs of single player..

I had multiple CTDs in multiplayer until I reduced my i7 oc from 3.8 to 3.6... now it's running fine in all cases w/ my 5870.

Vicious, I get displaylink failures with my native displayport monitor on occasion... it seems to happen less with the 10.3 preview driver.. but it's not too hard to fix.. alt + enter to exit fullscreen and hit it again to return to fullscreen and it will probably be taken care of.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 12:01 

Hey men, I have change my setting.ini with insert v-fov with the valor 70, 80 end 90 but nothing! :(
Have you another idea? :?:

Core i7 920 // ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME // 2 x 1TB SB RAID 0 // 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 // NVIDIA 9800 X2 1GB // 2 x SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 20" and 1 SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 24" // OS Windows 7 ultimate 64bit //

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2010, 01:23 

Is everyones minimap, ammo on 1st and 3rd screen or is that just TH2Go users (like me).
Any way of moving it to middle screen.
For ref i'm running 3840x1024 80 fov in the ini.
Our clan has a 24 man server now (Cows With Guns) if you fancy dropping by.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next