Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 01:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 20:44 
Editors
Editors

In the game go to ... Options ... Advanced Options ... Letterbox Aspect Ratio ... Auto ...

To get Triplehead resolutions ... find the SeriousSamHD ... here ... *Steamuserdata*your account number*41000local
Open it with NotePad ...
Edit these lines to your desired Resolution ...

gfx_pixLastGoodResHeight = 1024;
gfx_pixLastGoodResWidth = 3840;
gfx_pixLastGoodWinHeight = 1024;
gfx_pixLastGoodWinWidth = 3840;
gfx_pixResHeight = 1024;
gfx_pixResWidth = 3840;
gfx_pixWinHeight = 1024;
gfx_pixWinWidth = 3840;

I also did this ... which made the game look much better ...
Options ... Performance ... GPU Speed ... customize ... Max 3D Rendering MPIX: ... and set it to ... Unlimited

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 00:04 
Editors
Editors

Hows the game? worth the buy? I never played the old ones. I dont think I will be playing my $2.00 purchase of Alpha Prime, the idea it supported TH sold me but only $2.00 was not a big deal.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 00:26 
Editors
Editors

Hows the game? worth the buy? I never played the old ones. I dont think I will be playing my $2.00 purchase of Alpha Prime, the idea it supported TH sold me but only $2.00 was not a big deal.

Don't have SSHD yet, but the originals are a blast to play, especially coop. If you like old-school, obliterate-everything shooters you will like the game.

16-player coop in the new version has me drooling about immense walls of weapon-fire shredding hundreds of baddies at a time. :)

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 00:32 
Editors
Editors

Probably worth the buy at that price : ;)
http://www.getgamesgo.com/catalogue/game/serious-sam-hd

If the idea of scripted waves of crazy enemies in a fast, gorey, tongue-in-cheek, old-school shooter filled with power-ups and secrets is any appealing to you, and you didn't play the original games, then you should probably check it out. You can always grab the demos of the old games and see for yourself though.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 04:45 
Insiders
Insiders

I might pick it up if a few of my buddies get it too.. seems like the coop would be a blast.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2009, 23:42 
Editors
Editors

In other words this game will own killing floor :D

I never did like that game, tried it on the free demo weekend. Also didnt have really good TH support.

Edit: got the game its fun! :D

for me I did not have to edit the .ini it found my res and set it for me on its own. The game booted and started in 5760x1200 even though it gave me some error saying my graphics max resolution is 1920x1200 because of TV out mode being enabled on my gpu, to turn it off and start the game again.

I ignored the error and its working fine. I went to go check the .ini when I exited the game to find my res already set to 5760x1200 in there.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 09:37 

For triplehead users, try this. Go to Options > Graphics Options > Screen Width and set it to minimum value. It should move the GUI into the central screen for users with extreme aspect ratios. I haven't tried this with three monitors but it works for single-screen and a very wide window.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 10:52 
Editors
Editors

I might pick it up if a few of my buddies get it too.. seems like the coop would be a blast.

I think so, reminded me of playing doom but with better graphics. Only played solo mode so far, lots of stuff trying to kill you and always spawning in the most horrible locations, and also lots of hidden areas to find.

Actually its like a mix of doom and duke nukem. The gameplay of doom with the style of duke nukem.

Man now we need duke nukem HD and doom HD done just like this. I would buy every HD remake of the classics if they ran this well and were this well done (and had online)

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 11:03 
Editors
Editors

For triplehead users, try this. Go to Options > Graphics Options > Screen Width and set it to minimum value. It should move the GUI into the central screen for users with extreme aspect ratios. I haven't tried this with three monitors but it works for single-screen and a very wide window.
Thank you ... :twothumb

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2009, 19:50 

[quote]I might pick it up if a few of my buddies get it too.. seems like the coop would be a blast.

I think so, reminded me of playing doom but with better graphics. Only played solo mode so far, lots of stuff trying to kill you and always spawning in the most horrible locations, and also lots of hidden areas to find.

Actually its like a mix of doom and duke nukem. The gameplay of doom with the style of duke nukem.

Man now we need duke nukem HD and doom HD done just like this. I would buy every HD remake of the classics if they ran this well and were this well done (and had online)

if you want "Doom HD" there's stuff like GL doom and other ports of doom that have 3D enemiees and newer 3D effects.