Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 09:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dead Island
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 07:08 

I'm surprised I can't find a topic on this in the forums or on the Internet yet since the game is coming out soon. Does anyone know if this game will support surround/eyefinity gaming? I'm thinking about preordering but want to make sure this game supports multiple monitors.

Thanks,
Kiax0001

Update: So it looks like this game uses Chrome Engine 5 and its the same developers that made Call of Juarez and Sniper Ghost Warrior. Both games were Hor+ but had some issues with a multi-monitor setup. Unless something has changed in the "5th revision" of the graphic engine we're looking at a 50/50 chance of this title working properly unless someone has had access to play a alpha/beta version of the game and can confirm.

Post subject: It doesnt sound very
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2011, 23:55 
Editors
Editors

It doesnt sound very promising. :(

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2011, 18:46 
Editors
Editors

:( Seems like a funny game! Hope some1 here might fix it!

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 18:43 

Maybe I am just an optimist but I don't think this "doesn't sound very promising". This title sounds pretty good for ultra-widescreen gaming, imo.

What were the previous Chrome5 issues and multi-monitor issues?

If the case is just cut-scene support, although quite unfortunate for the cinematic looking single player component, if normal engine support is there this is still better then 90% of typical outcomes.

At least the multi-player, which is where I spend most of my game-play time, will still be very well supported.

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 02:19 

Hey Gang,

So I'm sure most of you have read the Widescreen Gaming Forum article regarding the grading of Dead Island. For the most part, it does work properly other than the Menus which are a dealbreaker (HUD, Crosshair, Maps, and other 2D elements are stretched).

I've started a forum discussion about it below. Please help spread the word so that we can get a proper solution. It would be a real shame if nobody in this community or the developer itself won't be able to fix the problem. This game would be so immersive if we had the proper support!

Dead Island Eyefinity Thread

Edit: I'm aware that there is no official forum for Dead Island so I've also sent a support ticket request to the developer. I'll keep you guys updated If I hear anything.

Thanks,

kiax0001

Post subject: kiax0001 wrote:Hey
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 02:27 
Editors
Editors

Hey Gang,

Posted, thanks kiax0001. :twothumb

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 04:36 

The game works fine for me, but the hud is huge and the fov needs fixing.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 04:40 
Insiders
Insiders

THe FOV seems to expand out properly for triple wide, just the damn 2D elements are so HUGE :)

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 06:07 

Yeah. I was hoping after I found the correct resolution that there would have been forethought regarding running surround/eyefinity. Guess not. The big problem is the menu which is rendered useless...hopefully we can get a patch or a fix.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2011, 10:38 
Editors
Editors

Well it wont be too bad since the elements are on the side monitors.

As long as the mouse speed is ok, FOV extends, and stuff like that it looks pretty playable.

Im still waiting on my key so I can play the game and test it out. When I get it I will do a surround video for the game and mention the good/bad and we can point that to the Devs and see if they act on it.

I kinda like large elements if they are not center monitor somtimes :D last game like this was dog fighter and it made my radar so much easier to see.