Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 23:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 21:18 

FourZeroTwo, the Infinity Ward Community Relations manager confirmed the FOV can be customized in multiplayer too.

Yes, on the PC version you can customize your FOV if you choose in SP and MP.

I'm thinking this would be, well, interesting for the surround gaming folks playing multiplayer.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 21:22 
Editors
Editors

FourZeroTwo, the Infinity Ward Community Relations manager confirmed the FOV can be customized in multiplayer too.

Yes, on the PC version you can customize your FOV if you choose in SP and MP.

I'm thinking this would be, well, interesting for the surround gaming folks playing multiplayer.
No ... it doesn't fix things for TripleHead ... it needs the Aspect Ratio fixed too as I have already mentioned .... :wink:

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 21:32 

Aspect ratio aside, my point was that FOV could even be changed in MP in the first place was interesting. For all previously CoD titles it was a "cheat."

So it will look ridiculous with the "20 foot long arm" syndrome or whatever but it wasn't even allowed before.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2007, 21:40 
Editors
Editors

Fair enough ... but it hardly matters if the game is unplayable because of the aspect ratio problem.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2007, 00:25 

[quote]It is possible to change the FOV in CoD4 ... but it is the aspect ratio that is wrong ...

To change the FOV ...
Find ... config.cfg
Mine was here ... C:Program FilesActivisionCall of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare DemoplayersprofilesPaddywak
Open it with notepad or wordpad ... find the line ... seta cg_fov "65" ... change it to ... seta cg_fov "122" ... or your desired FOV ... for TripleHead it should be about 122.
If the line isn't there add the line.

You will see it the characters in game are still short and dumpy but the FOV is much better.

We need a fix for the aspect ratio ... :wink:

In my config the word does not appear fov This is normal?

FWIW, this can be changed in-game w/o restarting just drop the console and type "fov" and you'll see the command come up to select. Just type in the various 65, 85 or whatever to experiment.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2007, 16:03 

ahh man, this is a shitty game, at least control wise ...

this stupid thing can't disquise between 0 and and Num 0 (I'm always using Num 0 as crouch button), weapons scrolling with the mouse wheel is not possible and can anyone tell me the difference between crouch, toggle crouch and go to crouch ?? this is gay, really

and the fov, I changed it to 122, after some changes to the controls, it's back at 65, and the console, I couldn't call it, which button is it?

I hate it when someone tries to invent their own steerings, I mean I finished GRAW, I play Bf2142 all the time, played FEAR and Area51, finished FarCry, played Crysis demo and so on and so on, and then there comes a game with controls so f*cked up that I have a hard time doing the simplest things like weapons switching and crouching ... :roll:

But I guess that's what demos are for ... to see what to buy and what not :wink:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 21:42 

"can anyone tell me the difference between crouch, toggle crouch and go to crouch ??"

1) "Crouch" means that when you hit the button you crouch and when you let the button go you will return to your previous position. (I use right Ctrl for crouch but I too am frustrated that you cannot use NumPad buttons because I use NumPad 0 for 'reload' in my FPS games and the other NumPad numbers for weap select).

2) "Toggle Crouch" means that when you hit the button you will go to crouch and then stay there until you hit the button again, at which point you will return to your previous stance.

3) "Go to Crouch" means that when you hit the button, no matter what position you are in, you will go to the crouch position and stay there.

Haven't tried the FOV thing yet. Hope it works because right now I am back to playing this on a single monitor because the FOV is crap no matter what aspect ratio you use @ 3840x1024 :(

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 21:56 
Editors
Editors

Haven't tried the FOV thing yet. Hope it works because right now I am back to playing this on a single monitor because the FOV is crap no matter what aspect ratio you use @ 3840x1024 :(
The FOV in the full game can't be fixed as I described in my earlier post ...
It can be fixed in the game ... enable the console in the options ... bring down the console using the ` key ... enter ... cg_fov 122 ... or whatever FOV you desire.
Although this corrects the FOV it does not correct the aspect ratio.
At the moment there is no way to fix the aspect ratio for TripleHead.

:cry:

:WWTH2Go

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 03:17 

sonofabitch...

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 06:36 

/cues up Racer_S saves the day intro music :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next