Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 03:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 22:59 

I bought mine brand new on ebay for $250 and it was worth every penny...havent spent the money to upgrade my lcds from 19" to 22" yet. ive got one gateway FPD2275w and they dont make that one anymore so I have to either find that one two seperate times on ebay or buy three more...plus a new GPU to push 5040x1050...might be getting a 9800GT 1gb card...should push wow just fine

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 23:21 

These days, nobody wants to spend more than they have too. Yes, TH2Go is expensive but I can remember when a new car was only a couple thousand dollars, and I'm sure that many can remember it even less. I remember gas at 28 cents a gallon. I suppose that what I'm saying is, if you want it then it will cost. If you can live without it then fine. But you are missing something. It doesn't do anything much to complain about the price (can we bring down the price of corn, gas, or taxes?) Maybe. but the thing is, the more that use it, the more economical it will become.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 04:10 

if you get it off ebay with the microsoft live cash back it should be around $250 (I got mine around $230)

considering people drop like $400 for a nice gfx card and a year or two later you get the same power for around $150 or less.

anyway. the Th2g is pretty good for what u get. I likened it to something like a monitor that you get and will use for years to come even if you do major PC hardware upgrade/overhaul. it's not like it will become obsolete in 2 years.
(unless ATI/NVdia comes out with a triple output Videocard that works with triplehead like the Matrox Pharhelia)

also you have to realize that staying at the edge of gaming bliss is not cheap.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 05:45 

I might be one of the few with you. Mostly because I don't have it.

I cannot imagine being surrounded in screens like that...it must be awesome. I just can't justify it. Not to myself.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 07:31 
Insiders
Insiders

While I certainly would love to have gotten my TH2GO-DE for cheap (new of course), I really wasn't surprised at the price when I first saw it, and I don't think that the price is unfair either.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 08:07 

Not meaning to get off topic but my next venture will be a projector and semi dome (DIY most likely). The point being that some people buy hot tubs and pools or other such things that cost too much, and some of us buy TH2go or other geeky type things. The price is nearly meaningless if it's what you want. Too much is a matter of perspective.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 08:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Not meaning to get off topic but my next venture will be a projector and semi dome (DIY most likely). The point being that some people buy hot tubs and pools or other such things that cost too much, and some of us buy TH2go or other geeky type things. The price is nearly meaningless if it's what you want. Too much is a matter of perspective.

How about a proj and dome set up....around a hot tub!

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 08:34 

[quote]Not meaning to get off topic but my next venture will be a projector and semi dome (DIY most likely). The point being that some people buy hot tubs and pools or other such things that cost too much, and some of us buy TH2go or other geeky type things. The price is nearly meaningless if it's what you want. Too much is a matter of perspective.

How about a proj and dome set up....around a hot tub!

Waterproof keyboard?lol, now you got me thinking.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 12:35 
Insiders
Insiders

It is a great idea, immerse the pc in the tub (it would have to be oil but that sounds even better :twisted: ) and it would help heat it.

The only problem would be getting a laser mouse to track on a wet surface..... :wink:

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 15:06 

Keeping off topic:

I have a hot tub with a 22" Widescreen connected to a laptop that streams tv shows and movies from my office pc over WiFi, use it all the time! But, now you got me thinking, triplewide at the hot tub??!!??

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next