Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 23:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008, 17:35 

i can't see this being practical, if you play shooters won't the crosshair be right in the middle? lol

too much bezel for me :P

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008, 18:08 
Insiders
Insiders

i can't see this being practical, if you play shooters won't the crosshair be right in the middle? lol

too much bezel for me :P

I don't play shooters, so no big issue for me. :wink:

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2008, 20:08 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't play shooters, so no big issue for me. :wink:
AAArrgh HEATHEN! burn him and cast him out! :hide

Eve looks great though, a game (one of many...sigh) that I don't have and want to play. But it is also such an involved game I'll probably never find the time :)

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2008, 02:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Figured out what was wrong with that one 24". I twist the bezel frame a little and it quits with the red issue. Donno if I should keep it still or send it back. It's working fine now though. Musta gotten shaken up in shipment.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 05:28 

that is freaking AWESOME
4x1980x1200

but isn't int kinda wierd/pita to play and have a bezel right in front of you?

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 05:47 
Insiders
Insiders

that is freaking AWESOME
4x1980x1200

but isn't int kinda wierd/pita to play and have a bezel right in front of you?

Yep, but I'm getting used to it. Really depends on the type of game I'm playing. It's not a problem in a simulator game or in first person mode. Going 4x was the only way to break the 24" limitations on the DTH2G though. It's a tradeoff I guess. The downside is bezel position and lack of vista 64/dx10, the upside is 4x 24" at native resolution. I'm still cursing at the nVidia/Microsoft pass-the-blame game about removing span modes in Vista.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2008, 23:18 

Hey Ghimpi,
I know in theory you could use 2 DTH2G spanned as a single desktop image with 6 widescreen monitors for a resolution of up to 30240x1200 :shock: ,but is that physically possible? Also curious if you were to use 2 video cards with 2 outputs each would you esentially have the same effect as what you've done here? My guess is that the performance would be much less than that of 2 DH2G's. I'm trying to find the best solution for my 6 screen setup for flight simming. I have 5 external view windows to give me a panoramic view of roughly 150 degrees and a single smaller touch screen monitor for a GPS display. I've tried using a single TH2G for my center view spanned across 3 screens and 2 additional views for the 2 side windows. This has a better fps result, but there is distortion in the side images as the scenery passes from the center spanned view to the smaller unspanned side views :x . I've also opened 5 windows (one for each view on each monitor), but the fps are much better using the "spanned views" method so I have to give up the nicer graphics settings :cry: . I've not tried the nvidia control panel to span the entire setup as one display as you have done. That may be the answer for me if you think it will work. That would be 6x7680x1024 using an analog TH2Go for 3 of the monitors and 3x1280*1024 for the remaining 3 outputs. Any thoughts? Thanks! :D
Airhogg

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 02:02 
Insiders
Insiders

The 3d area can only work as one display area. The best that can be done is 2 digital triplehead2go vertical-spanned for 5040x2100 or like I have 2 digital dualhead2go horizontal-spanned with 7680x1200. There are many limitions working against anything larger being done. The main thing being current nVidia cards will only do 8192x8192 maximum. Horizontal-span mode only works on a single card.

Your example above would technically only work on the desktop. You can drop in as many video cards as you have slots and power for. Most people here are seeking to achieve multiscreen for gaming, which has a lot more strict rules and limitations.

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 03:44 

So, if I understand correctly, I could use 2 TH2G using both outputs of a single card on 6 1280:1024 monitors horizontally spanned as 1 display to reach 1 desktop image at 7680x1024. Is that right, and can it be done on analog TH2G's and in Vista? Flight Simulator X doesn't utilize SLI as far as I know, so I'm not concerned about not having it on all displays. Thanks again!

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 07:08 
Insiders
Insiders

So, if I understand correctly, I could use 2 TH2G using both outputs of a single card on 6 1280:1024 monitors horizontally spanned as 1 display to reach 1 desktop image at 7680x1024. Is that right, and can it be done on analog TH2G's and in Vista? Flight Simulator X doesn't utilize SLI as far as I know, so I'm not concerned about not having it on all displays. Thanks again!

FSX is a bit of a different animal as far as 3d is concerned. It doesn't behave like other games and has some key differences. In general, yes 6 1280x1024 will work in any 3d game, but only in XP span mode. They removed the span modes in Vista unfortunately. My setup examples are geared towards more generic gaming, where it'll work with most any opengl or directx 9 game. FSX is rather unique in the way 3d works with it and has it's own set of rules. If you're looking for another TH2G analog, I have one I'm thinking on selling.

To get the best answers about FSX setups I'd recommend checking out http://www.mycockpit.org

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next