Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 10:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2009, 21:47 

Well now, well done to Matrox and Ubisoft! 8)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 01:21 

Thanks all

The devs over at Ubisoft definitely deserve praise for this. Feel free to head over to their forums to post any positive feedback:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3981007546

(Sometimes I hear devs rant that gamers are super loud when something goes wrong, but you barely hear from them when something goes right. It will be nice for them to see something positive on their forums after all the flaming for Farcry 2 - which of course was justifiable all the same) ;)

Cheers!
Mark

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 01:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Hm i guess that means i can assume it'll support SINGLE widescreen okay? And the shockingly low recommended specs are nice. Hopefully it won't look 5 years old... I never trust pre-release screens

Plus, we get to crash in jesus.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 11:05 
Editors
Editors

Thanks all

The devs over at Ubisoft definitely deserve praise for this. Feel free to head over to their forums to post any positive feedback:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3981007546

(Sometimes I hear devs rant that gamers are super loud when something goes wrong, but you barely hear from them when something goes right. It will be nice for them to see something positive on their forums after all the flaming for Farcry 2 - which of course was justifiable all the same) ;)

Cheers!
Mark
TripleHead thread ... :surroundsmiley

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 14:01 

awesome video of cockpit view *drooooools*

http://au.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tomclancyshawx/video/6204264/tom-clancys-hawx-cockpit-view-movie-13

triplehead + trackir + saitek x52 pro + awesome graphics +gameplay =

OMFGGGGGGGG!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 18:48 

Downloading now :D (1.25GB)

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 19:09 
Editors
Editors

http://www.gamershell.com/news_70644.html

Link for those who don't want to go 'Wha? Where? Who? When?" 8)

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 19:25 
Editors
Editors

TripleHead Screenshots ... :D ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153215#153215

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 21:24 
Editors
Editors

Demo is downloading now. I'm trying to temper my expectations, but HAWX is looking like it could be The Action Flight Sim I've Always Wanted. I am by no means a hardcore sim fanatic, as I would much rather be in the air playing my game than in the dirt simulating reality. :P

Also, some terrific DRM news straight from the Ubisoft forums:
Will online authentication be required to play HAWX, in singleplayer (ex: DRM system)?

No, you will be able to play H.A.W.X on any platform, without authenticating on the internet.

:D

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009, 23:14 
Editors
Editors

Well ...... it's pretty average.
Visually it has it's impressive moments, yet when you get close to things it looks about 10 years old. This is confirmed by the exceptional performance - obviously not pushing current gen hardware too much. (Or well optimised? I will stay pessimistic 8))

What the hell is this Assist OFF thing where it goes into a cinematic camera? How the hell am I supposed to line up a shot when I'm looking at my plane from the side?! And I have to use this to do the frankly ridiculous 'drifting' ?

I'm disappointed with the control being on a single stick too. I would have preferred to use both analogue sticks for the pitch, yaw and other such terms I have no idea the meaning of.

Arcadey to the max then, but I wasn't really expecting anything less. I don't like hardcore flight sims, yet I feel this is too far the other way and has no sense of fulfillment.

Hrrmph !

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next