Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Sep 2024, 05:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 02:17 

Hi thanks Mac, tried rolling back but had a few issues so am now back to the latest version and the beta 200 GXM software!

I am glad you said that you don't think it's my monitors, just find it odd how the middle one stays on and adjusts to 1680 x 1050 and the two side ones stay blank but still on!

Are you in regular contact with Matrox? If so are they working with Nvidia to address this issue? - as I would really like to play at max res!

I think I will try and hook up one of my friends monitors tomorrow and if that works alongside my middle monitor I guess I will have to send my 2 x Benq 24" monitors back as they must have compatibility issues, I just hope that is not the case!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 03:33 
Insiders
Insiders

No I am not in regular contact with Matrox, just that I sent a error report through their website with Vista. They then sent me the BETA GXM which I sent out. Worked fine for me!
Try starting a troubleshooting report from their website, just to keep the pressure on. Even though they now say Vista max is 1440x900x3 they/NVidia should really solve it. More pressure the better!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 14:51 

Thanks for the help Mach - have sent them an email, I borrowed a monitor from my friend and attempted the 5040 x 1050 and it works.

Therefore these 2 x Benq monitors will have to go back on Monday as they obviously have issues which is a right pain the ass considering how much they cost :-(

I think I might opt for some 20" widescreens instead and just keep my middle 24" for the games that don't support triple, although I am a little gutted :-(

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 22:54 
Insiders
Insiders

Man that is bad news I am really sorry to here it... good luck with what ever you decide.

I am personally getting worried about the fact that Matrox have now put on their website max res in Vista is 1440x900x3! I hope they haven't given up on 5040, NVidia and Vista/Win7, cos XP ain't going to last forever!

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2009, 11:21 

I recently bought a TH2G from Matrox and at that time they did not say Vista was limited to a lower resolution. I sure hope they continue to support higher resolutions as they were at the time of purchase. Their test program also stated it was possible to run 5040x1050, otherwise I never would have bought the box.

Luckily 5040x1050 works after the help from threads here also on Vista! :?