Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 04:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 04:05 
Founder
Founder

You will need 2 cards anyway, 1 card is just not going to cut it for 5760 x 1080

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2011, 08:18 
Insiders
Insiders

One is enough for me. So far. And I don;t have a top-of-the-line card, either.

But really, it's never enough, is it?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2011, 17:03 

Right. :-) I still try to find a set of 2GB evga 560tis. Still not available in Switzerland. I bought the Withcher 2 last week and now I've read that it doesn't support Eyefinity. Seems to be a no-brainer to go for nvidia surround...

Intel i7 980X | MSI Big Bang Xpower X58 | 12GB G.Skill Pi Black DDR3-1600 | Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X 2GB | 2x Intel X-25M 160GB | SB X-Fi | Seasonic X-750 | Silverstone FT01 black | 3x HP ZR24w @ 5760x1200 Triplehead

AMD X2 4800+ | Gigabyte K8N Ultra-SLI | 2GB Kingston VS DDR1-400 | Zotac GTX260 AMP! + Gigabyte 8400GS | 3x Samsung HD 2.1TB | SB X-Fi | Seasonic M12-600 | Chieftec CS-601 blue | Dell 2407WFP + Dell 1707FP Dualhead

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 03:35 

Right. :-) I still try to find a set of 2GB evga 560tis. Still not available in Switzerland. I bought the Withcher 2 last week and now I've read that it doesn't support Eyefinity. Seems to be a no-brainer to go for nvidia surround...

Not sure what you meant by not supporting witcher 2 with Eyefinity it will run in 6000x1080...cut scenes will not. I have both AMD tri xfire 6950 at 6000x1080 and nvidia 580 tri sli also @ 6000x1080. I would certainly not say one is more of a problem then the other but for the money AMD is allot better system and you get more vram.

Post subject: krog wrote:Bluesilentpro
PostPosted: 06 Sep 2011, 06:30 

[quote]Right. :-) I still try to find a set of 2GB evga 560tis. Still not available in Switzerland. I bought the Withcher 2 last week and now I've read that it doesn't support Eyefinity. Seems to be a no-brainer to go for nvidia surround...

Not sure what you meant by not supporting witcher 2 with Eyefinity it will run in 6000x1080...cut scenes will not. I have both AMD tri xfire 6950 at 6000x1080 and nvidia 580 tri sli also @ 6000x1080. I would certainly not say one is more of a problem then the other but for the money AMD is allot better system and you get more vram.

You are playing Witcher 2 on the latest patch with Eyefinity? I thought you needed Hayden's utility to do that, and it hasn't been updated for the latest patch IIRC.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 14:54 

id say, whatever you do, go for a single card!

U can see in various tests that the XFIRE performance boost is quite low (about 50%) it does NOT double the performance.
further its not true taht a single gpu cant do the job - im running a 6970 at 5760 1080 with full details with no prob in all games i yet tried.
AND u will have issues with an Xfire/sli setup like asynchronity and flickering.

since xfire/sli with the second best card available atm costs as much as going for the big one (f.e. dual gpu at ONE CARD) id always prefer this.
IMO XFIRE/SLI makes sense when u ve gone for single gpu once and want an extra boost after one or two years and buys another "cheap" card of same verion to save money.
Xfire SLI can VERY seldom compete with a single card at more or less same price.

O

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 15:46 

id say, whatever you do, go for a single card!

U can see in various tests that the XFIRE performance boost is quite low (about 50%) it does NOT double the performance.
further its not true taht a single gpu cant do the job - im running a 6970 at 5760 1080 with full details with no prob in all games i yet tried.
AND u will have issues with an Xfire/sli setup like asynchronity and flickering.

since xfire/sli with the second best card available atm costs as much as going for the big one (f.e. dual gpu at ONE CARD) id always prefer this.
IMO XFIRE/SLI makes sense when u ve gone for single gpu once and want an extra boost after one or two years and buys another "cheap" card of same verion to save money.
Xfire SLI can VERY seldom compete with a single card at more or less same price.

O

I do agree with that. Running Eyefinity 6 myself and I have 0 problems. But when I used to have Xfire/SLI it was a b**ch. Ain't worth the amount of money you pay for it. For me the ideal way is if you buy 2 cards you should have double the performance, but that you aren't even close to. You be lucky if you get 5-15% extra out of it.

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2011, 22:49 

I have to disagree with you both I have 3 cards in both my PC's and i need em, I don't have any problems with either setup and if I do they are easily fixed. One card is not enough not even close unless you want to run stuff on Low settings and no AA which I think sucks.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2011, 11:22 

well actually u will have ur point since u use it already, but imho as i said there are hard facts about this which dont match with ur telling.
and since ive played everything in max and 5760*1080 on my single gpu so far id doubt that what u say is that true.
And there are already so much posts about probs with xfire only in this forum that that point of urs is to be doubted as well to be honest.

nevertheless, i dont think the initiator of this post does want to buy three double slot high end cards for Xfire, and a new mainboard and due to that also new cpu and memory and so on...

Post subject: PinkiesBrain wrote:well
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 03:34 

well actually u will have ur point since u use it already, but imho as i said there are hard facts about this which dont match with ur telling.
and since ive played everything in max and 5760*1080 on my single gpu so far id doubt that what u say is that true.
And there are already so much posts about probs with xfire only in this forum that that point of urs is to be doubted as well to be honest.

nevertheless, i dont think the initiator of this post does want to buy three double slot high end cards for Xfire, and a new mainboard and due to that also new cpu and memory and so on...

Here's a hard fact for ya only people that have problems complain and write stuff about their problems this is a fact google it. Not sure what you'd consider a problem but doubt what your are saying is a fact.. i'll bench against your PC at max settings my tri vs your single and will see which system truly runs at max settings!