Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 11:48 
Editors
Editors

:twothumb I knew these zip files were a good omen... Great stuff. I'll post an updated, 100% Hor+ DR ASAP.

Would it be OK to store OMDblanks.zip on the WSGF server ?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 18:24 
Founder
Founder

Are the menus still Vert- with the FOV mod?

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2011, 01:29 

Yes, main menu is still vert- for some reason.

I've found supposedly the file it is using for the mainmenu. But modifications to it don't seem to do anything, so they might have added it right into the .exe

essentially all the menus are derived from .swf files.

Honestly, the mainmenu is the only draw back right now. Every other nested menu correctly letterboxes to fit without stretching or vert-.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2011, 19:56 

:twothumb I knew these zip files were a good omen... Great stuff. I'll post an updated, 100% Hor+ DR ASAP.

Would it be OK to store OMDblanks.zip on the WSGF server ?

I created OMDblanks (post), and as such give permission for you to host them on the WSGF server if you wish to do so.

I don't have a premium rapidshare account, so otherwise I think the file will just stay live as long as people are downloading it.

Just to be absolutely clear, all credit for the actual widescreen fix and other modding work done goes to EvilEngineer, he's the one putting all the work into this. I just opened the door.

Alex

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 04:53 

Thanks Alex for the original OMDblank, didn't know who to give credit, aside from your link in the post on the official forum.
Also... sadly with the patch today, it broke >.<

I figured out after examining your OMDblanks that Robot was using a simple CRC32 check on the zips to verify the files. After a while of hunting I found a way to spoof the crc32 my self. I've updated all of the zips today after the patch and included the new dlc blanks as well.

Honestly, the dlc zip files look to be the best way to house future mods (despite Robot not liking that idea at all). The latest DLC seems to hierarchically be taken as the master file invalidating anything duplicates in the data folder. So... a mod housed in the latest dlc zip, with a spoofed crc32, and presto... a packaged mod!

I've also started a new site to house the OMD files and the wave generator i'm putting together. So if you have anything for OMD, I can gladly host it Alex.

New blank zip files:
http://evilworkshop.net/OMD/files/OMDnewblanks.zip

Also... here is a mod that they refused to have visible on the Robot forums. It requires having the data unpacked first, then using this new zip with a modified tech tree file to zero cost upgrade for the new DLC content. This I had to make simply because they added new content that required skulls to upgrade... but no new way to earn more skulls.

0 Skull DLC upgrade cost:
http://evilworkshop.net/OMD/files/0skullDLC.zip

Post subject: Modding procedure:1.
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 04:57 

UPDATE!!

Modding procedure:

1. Download the OMD zeroed out zip files. (Thanks to AlexV for the original OMDblanks) New patch invalidated the existing zeroed out files, so here are some new ones that work. Also includes the new dlc zip files (zeroed out of course).

http://evilworkshop.net/OMD/files/OMDnewblanks.zip

2. Unpack (datademo.zip, datademoart.zip, data.zip, dataart.zip) to the /data folder. In that order too. There are files in the ~demo zip files that need to be overwritten with the those from the main data / dataart.zip files. If you have the DLC zip files unpack them in order 1,2, etc.

3. Move the original .zip files to a backup folder.

4. Unpack the OMDnewblanks.zip to the Orcs Must die! folder.

5. At this point you should be able to edit any of the files that have been unpacked.

6. Now open up /orcs must die!/data/controls/ folder

7. Open any one of the Default(left / right/ center).cfg files that you want to change.

8. Change "CameraDefaultFOV" to the FOV setting you want. The rest of the settings change the position behind, and is dependent on which camera you choose.
Code:

<strong>CameraDefaultFOV=120.0</strong>
   CameraCharacterOffsetX=0.0
   CameraCharacterOffsetY=0.0
   CameraCharacterOffsetZ=165.0
   CameraPositionOffsetX=-500.0
   CameraPositionOffsetY=-15.0
   CameraPositionOffsetZ=65.0

9. Save the file, and open the game up.

10. enjoy!

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 15:22 
Editors
Editors

You should definitely post the latter on the mods forum ;)

Thanks for the inputs, guys.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 18:18 

Mods: any reason my previous post was deleted? I can't think of anything obviously objectionable in it, but if you let me know, perhaps I can re-write it in a better way, or avoid making a similar mistake in future posts...

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 18:23 
Editors
Editors

Hey AlexV, wich post, this one ?

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/17908/orcs-must-die-wide-screen-out-box-suppo?page=1#comment-233337

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 18:56 

No, that one is still there! :-)

I wrote another post about the dlc zip files that should be #16, but it's disappeared.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next