Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 00:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 15:44 

I don't think so.
Mainly because some of the edits are resolution dependent and others are a matter of personal taste. However, the lines you need to edit are the same, just the values may differ.

Here are the values I used:
[Display]
fDefaultFOV=92.0000
fPipboy1stPersonFOV=60.0
bEnableEyefinity=0
fScopeScissorAmount=0

[Interface]
iSafeZoneXWide=770
iSafeZoneYWide=15
iSafeZoneX=770
iSafeZoneY=15

[RenderedTerminal]
fRenderedTerminalZoom=72

I think that is the only ones I had to edit to get everything working. Text on the terminals is still blurry, but I don't know of any way to fix that. I can make out what they say, but it is a bit hard on the eyes.

Post subject: Re: New Vegas Help
PostPosted: 01 Apr 2011, 23:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Hello all this is my first post so forgive me if this is in the wrong area. I desperately need help with FNV in eyefinity. I've followed all the steps in every post I could find (including the one on this site that worked for everyone else) and my HUD simply will not move. I've edited all my ini files changed the values of isafezone etc..from 75 to 900 and everywhere in between and nothing ever changes. I also understand that the "primary file is fallout_default in the game dir. The thing is, my settings do not reset by themselves, they remain the value I've set, but nothing in game ever changes. I've tried launching from the app directly (although it also produces the launcher) with and without mods enabled..nothing. Again my ini modifications stick so I'm not sure what the problem is. Also the only option for res under ati eyefinity in the launcher is 6004x1080 when i cleary have the res set to 5760x1080 in the fallout_prefs.ini

Any help would be greatly appriciated, pulling my hair out for 2 days now lol

I had a similar issue.. my HUD was "stuck" slightly outside of the middle monitor. I had to change the values for iSafeZoneX/iSafeZoneXWide to 867 instead of 770. I am using 3x1920x1080 resolution. Lastly make sure to edit the Steam > Steamapps > common > fallout new vegas > Fallout_default.ini file not the other ones (at least for iSafeZone settings). This file overwrites My Games > FalloutNV > Fallout.ini every time you run the launcher.

I looked back at the old Fallout 3 posts and noticed that 770 is for 5040x1050 resolution, and 610 for 3x1280x1024 resolutions. Oops guys.

Is it normal that the hint screens (like the ones you go to for "Weapons" after you open the pipboy) still span the entire screen? Or the main menu text confirming to load the last save flowing over to the left monitor?

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 03:19 

Yeah, that is what I meant about the values may differ.
I have my Fallout.ini in My Games set to read only and it never changes anymore since. But yes, it should be done to both.
However, if the one in My Games is set to read only, the other one can not overwrite it. I tried it to make sure.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 17:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Found this old post in the FO3 thread, it works in FNV as well. Change the font of terminal/pipboy to the dialogue one, and its less blurry:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=20661&p=143804#p143804

(Thanks Paddy!)

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2011, 21:16 

Thanks, I have forrgotten about that one. I too used it in Fo3, but it has been so long ago, I didn't remember there was a simi-fix for it.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2011, 03:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Unfortunately I had to set the terminal font back to the default on, the other one was too large and text would overflow and you couldn't read the entire terminal emails :(.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2011, 07:06 

I haven't tried it yet, though I did do the edits. I will let you know when I come upon a terminal and see how it does. I am currently in a mod that adds it's own world and haven't run seen a terminal in it yet.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2011, 23:07 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm loving this game, only annoyance is that terminals are hard to read, and Pipboy are slightly blurry. Everything else works amazing with the tweaks.

I also downloaded a few mods which really improve the game (like better weather, shaders, more lights, etc). Am really happy I didn't play this one as soon as it came out, modders always make the game more enjoyable :D.

Sometimes I forget that I'm not really walking in the Mojave desert !

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2011, 23:53 

I got this game and both DLCs in the steam sale but unfortunately I can't even get off the screen where you choose your face and gender as can't read or see where you have to press once chosen them.

I have tried:

[Display]
fDefaultFOV=92.0000
fPipboy1stPersonFOV=60.0

[Interface]
iSafeZoneXWide=770
iSafeZoneYWide=15
iSafeZoneX=770
iSafeZoneY=15

[RenderedTerminal]
fRenderedTerminalZoom=55

But I expect as my resolution is different from the OPs I am getting the settings wrong.

My screen res is 6112 x 1200

Anyone help?

TIA!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2011, 00:23 

I got this game and both DLCs in the steam sale but unfortunately I can't even get off the screen where you choose your face and gender as can't read or see where you have to press once chosen them.

I have tried:

[Display]
fDefaultFOV=92.0000
fPipboy1stPersonFOV=60.0

[Interface]
iSafeZoneXWide=770
iSafeZoneYWide=15
iSafeZoneX=770
iSafeZoneY=15

[RenderedTerminal]
fRenderedTerminalZoom=55

But I expect as my resolution is different from the OPs I am getting the settings wrong.

My screen res is 6112 x 1200

Anyone help?

TIA!

I changed

iSafeZoneXWide=500
iSafeZoneYWide=15
iSafeZoneX=500
iSafeZoneY=15

and I could change the face etc but could not read the text, then the vitomatic vigor tester machine was not fully showing and was upside down. Hmmmmm :(

EDIT: I only changed the one in the steam

C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamappscommonfallout new vegas
Fallout_default.ini

Do i need to change these also?

C:Users******DocumentsMy GamesFalloutNV
FalloutPrefs.ini
Fallout.ini

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next