Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 09:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2011, 08:57 
Editors
Editors

So I spent hours tweaking and finally got the HUD centered, and the terminals usable, and then I happily prance over to Gun Runners, buy a scope for my 9mm, and am greeted by THIS:

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue, any ideas? I'm working on finding more scoped weapons to test.

It's a brand new install of FONV, so I doubt there's any corrupted files.

EDIT: Dug around, managed to find a fix, fScopeScissorAmount=0, I put it in the Display section of every ini I found, now I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the damn game.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2011, 02:14 

So I spent hours tweaking and finally got the HUD centered, and the terminals usable, and then I happily prance over to Gun Runners, buy a scope for my 9mm, and am greeted by THIS:

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue, any ideas? I'm working on finding more scoped weapons to test.

It's a brand new install of FONV, so I doubt there's any corrupted files.

EDIT: Dug around, managed to find a fix, fScopeScissorAmount=0, I put it in the Display section of every ini I found, now I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the damn game.

Could you post your config? =p

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2011, 15:53 

I have the same scope issue with the K9000 cyberdog gun in the Old World Blues dlc. I had not tried any other scoped weapons.

I have never been able to make the terminals readable either. I tried the font change fixes mentioned in the FO3 threads.

Post subject: Search this thread for
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 00:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Search this thread for "Scissor" and you'll find the solution. There's a cvar that you need to set, adn your scopes will show just fine.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 01:47 

Hello all. So after a summer of hibernation I boot up the gaming PC try and get New Vegas up only to find that something has gone awry with it. No amount of editing with the fScopeScissorAmount etc bEnableEyefinity=0 will allow the game to use the scope during play. This could potentially be the fault of updated drivers, added packs and game upgrades im guessing. I did try the cloud fix to no avail.
This is probably a dumb thing i've overlooked or am missing so any help/fresh eyes would be very much appreciated and more than likely rewarded.
I've attatched my game .ini's as reference and my current system setup is in my sig and my resolution is 5040x1050.
Thanks in advance!

Intel i7-970 4.0 GHz 1.25V | Asus Rampage III Extreme | Corsair Dominator 12GB | HIS 6970 Crossfire | Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black | Corsair HX1000W | Thermaltake TrueBlack | Corsair Obsidian 800D | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64

Post subject: What exactly is wrong?
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 06:30 
Insiders
Insiders

What exactly is wrong? improper rendering when you view through teh scope? mostly black, but draws a couple landscape elements? Add that scissoramount line to both .ini files

I too, recently got back in New Vegas on a fresh (well, 5 months old) install.

Changes to BOTH .ini files.

I made these changes to both files after setting up controls, graphics, etc and set the .ini files to read-only after i made these changes:

(remember to launch teh game with teh fallounv.exe, and NOT teh Launcher from now on)

isizeW and siezH to match my triple-wide resolution
isafezone width to 870, to bring my HUD into my centre display
scissoramount line added (value =0)
terminal zoom to.. well i forget, but one mentioned a couple pages back. 72, i think
eyefinty set to 0, since after setting my resolution with teh launcher first, it was set to 1)

I'm not at home at the moment, so i cun;t double-check all of these, but I'm quite sure that's all i ahd to change.

I also installed the msot popular weapon moidding mod from newvegasnexus, remove pipboy scanlines mod, updated textres mod, and enhanced varmint rifle mod. None of them seemed to ahve an efect on my game, or the .ini changes.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2011, 13:47 

Thanks Butch_N. I haven't tried launching the game from the .exe before so ill try that but if all else fails ill erase the. ini's and start trying to fix things over again.

Intel i7-970 4.0 GHz 1.25V | Asus Rampage III Extreme | Corsair Dominator 12GB | HIS 6970 Crossfire | Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black | Corsair HX1000W | Thermaltake TrueBlack | Corsair Obsidian 800D | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 21:34 

SO after going through many fixes here I managed to fix alot, the only 2 problems I have are the Blurry terminal (cant really read it), blurry Pipboy (can read, but it is annoying). And my HUD is in the middle of my Bezel compensation on both sides, I tried the Isafe fixes and nothing, (its the same with the main menus, but at least I can read 1/2 of it), anyone have a fix to these?

1920x1080 x3 = 6048x1080 w/ bezel, ATI Radeon 6950 eyefinity.

[EDIT] I managed to fix my HUD and menus, only the pipboy and terminals are blurry, (havent come across lockpicking or gambling tables yet)

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2013, 19:41 

I am having a lot of difficulty getting past the first screen as it shows my character but there is nothing for me to click.

I am running 1600p surround 7680 x 1600 @ 8050 x 1600 in surround.

Anyone able to help me?? This is really annoying.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2014, 16:41 

Just installed the Collector's Edition and wanted to share my efforts.

1) I had an unusual problem that when I launch the game it keeps minimizing and I am back to the desktop. Could not get the game to run (tried killing every task I could with Task Manager). Finally found a mod that launches the game in windowed mode, then goes full screen after a few seconds, works!

Fake Fullscreen Mode Windowed - Alt Tab Fix by BUDA20
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41381/?

2) I run 3 27" Asus LCDs at 1920x1080 each - 5760x1080. Hear are my edits to the ini files so far:

a) Launch the game single screen first, set up your keyboard assignments, play enough to save a game and quit.

b) Edit all 3 of these files to have all of the same settings, then set them to read only.

Note: Manually add the fScopeScissorAmount=0 to the [Display] section.

[gameinstalldirectory]\Fallout_default.ini

[%USERNAME%\Documents\MyGames\FalloutNV]\Fallout.ini
[%USERNAME%\Documents\MyGames\FalloutNV]\FallPrefs.ini

[Display]
fScopeScissorAmount=0
fDefaultFOV=110.0000
fPipboy1stPersonFOV=60.0
bEnableEyefinity=0
iSize W=5760
iSize H=1080

[Interface]
iSafeZoneX=870
iSafeZoneY=870

[RenderedTerminal]
fRenderedTerminalFOV=0.20
fRenderedTerminalZoom=40

[Fonts]
sFontFile_2=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_VL_dialogs.fnt
sFontFile_5=Textures\Fonts\Glow_Monofonto_VL_dialogs.fnt

Remember to set the files to read only and back them up somewhere. Experiment with the values for your screen resolution, but the above should get you close to up and running.

3) To make the PipBoy easier to read, I also installed the no scanlines mod:

No scanlines or distort on PipBoy
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34949/?

Copy the textures folder to your [game install directory]\data folder ( so it will be [game install directory]\data\textures )

So far the game plays well. I do see some annoying pop-in and pop-out textures on the landscapes, and some textures are blurry here and there, will do some more research...been playing for hours and nowhere near getting to the Las Vegas strip yet, big game!

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16