Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 13:52 
Insiders
Insiders

steveo6906 wrote:
I had to create an account to try and get someones help getting eyefinity working! I have probably spent 10+ hours after buying it on sale last weekend on amazon.com. I have downloaded dsfix and changed the resolution to 5760x1080. Got the widescreen fixer v3.4 r642 and set it to 5760 x 1080. When I boot up the game widescreen fixer indicated the fix is enabled and it does fill up my full resolution, but it stretches it! I have messed with every setting in dsfix.ini and played with automatic detect and the resolutions in widescreen fixer. I have tried dsfix 2.01 and dsfix 1.9. Also tried flawless widescreen as well, but I get a black screen. I can tell dsfix is working because the HUD and AA settings are adjusting when I change them. I can tell widescreen fixer is working because if I don't use it I just get a black screen. This is driving me crazy! No matter what I do the game just stretches the original 1280 x 720 image ALL the way to 5760 x 1080... Is there anything else it could be?

Hello Steveo,
Welcome to the forums;)

What OS are you using? Win 7 or Win 8 ?

I will check it out, and see if I get the same issues;))

Also, Try this:

Launch WSF.
Start the game.
Get to the main screen.
Disable WSF (using the hotkey *) (Screen should go to black)
Enable WSF plugin again by using the same key. (You should see the Image properly centered, etc)

If after you enable it a second time you still see the image stretched..I need to think but I know at least where the problem lies.

Let me know if this helps you out:)

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 28 May 2013, 01:07 

Thanks for replying! So, after trying to to hit * and disabling the fix and re-enabling it it works! Thank you! I'm not sure why, but I do have to do it every time I start the game. O well! Now a new issue has come up. When I start the game the hud is centered and the menus look good, but after 15-30 seconds the hud and menues stretches across all three screens. If I hit * to disable the fix and re-enable it the hud/menu looks good again, but reverts back in 15-30 seconds! I tried a few older versions of wide screen fixer, but they all seem to do the same thing. If it matters at all in wsf if I select game version steam release it crashes before start up. December patch works though.

PostPosted: 28 May 2013, 14:28 
Insiders
Insiders

steveo6906 wrote:
Thanks for replying! So, after trying to to hit * and disabling the fix and re-enabling it it works! Thank you! I'm not sure why, but I do have to do it every time I start the game. O well! Now a new issue has come up. When I start the game the hud is centered and the menus look good, but after 15-30 seconds the hud and menues stretches across all three screens. If I hit * to disable the fix and re-enable it the hud/menu looks good again, but reverts back in 15-30 seconds! I tried a few older versions of wide screen fixer, but they all seem to do the same thing. If it matters at all in wsf if I select game version steam release it crashes before start up. December patch works though.

So in the end it works only for about 15 seconds after you re-enable the fix right?

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 00:53 

Yeah. To be clear, the rest of the game stays in 5760 x 1080. Just the HUD & Menu reverts back and it is big and ugly! The game is definitely playable now, thank you, but getting the hud/menu/dialog centered on the middle screen would be fantastic! To answer your question a post back I am running windows 7 x64.

PostPosted: 29 May 2013, 10:17 
Insiders
Insiders

steveo6906 wrote:
Yeah. To be clear, the rest of the game stays in 5760 x 1080. Just the HUD & Menu reverts back and it is big and ugly! The game is definitely playable now, thank you, but getting the hud/menu/dialog centered on the middle screen would be fantastic! To answer your question a post back I am running windows 7 x64.

I will make a build for you to test. I think I know what the problem is;)) Hopefully this will fix it:)

Let me know if this plugin works for you.

Attachments:
Plugin.Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition.rar [25.39 KiB]
Downloaded 320 times

PostPosted: 31 May 2013, 06:36 

Played for a couple hours tonight and the plugin works perfectly!! Thank you so much. I have been enjoying Dark Souls a ton, but now I can go through the menus without making my eyeballs bleed!!

PostPosted: 31 May 2013, 11:57 
Insiders
Insiders

steveo6906 wrote:
Played for a couple hours tonight and the plugin works perfectly!! Thank you so much. I have been enjoying Dark Souls a ton, but now I can go through the menus without making my eyeballs bleed!!

Awesome! Good to know;)) Is as I thought:) I will update the plugin permanently so users can select the delay time for the plugin to start:)

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2013, 15:36 

helifax wrote:
steveo6906 wrote:

Awesome! Good to know;)) Is as I thought:) I will update the plugin permanently so users can select the delay time for the plugin to start:)

Is it normal for widescreenfixer to have a really high cpu-usage? It and dark souls itself are just about equally sharing the cpu. Just noticed this while i alt-tabbed to task manager.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2013, 18:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Grrbrr wrote:
helifax wrote:
steveo6906 wrote:

Is it normal for widescreenfixer to have a really high cpu-usage? It and dark souls itself are just about equally sharing the cpu. Just noticed this while i alt-tabbed to task manager.

No not really, it shouldn't eat alot of CPU.. Is this persistent? Just this plugin? or in general? Is the same CPU usage after a PC restart?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2013, 21:07 

helifax wrote:
No not really, it shouldn't eat alot of CPU.. Is this persistent? Just this plugin? or in general? Is the same CPU usage after a PC restart?

Well, now that i knew that it wasn't normal i tried removing everything and downloaded wf again. It works now with minimal cpu usage. Before that used a lot of cpu every time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 29  Next