Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 19:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2013, 16:15 

Thank you, it now works for me with DSfix 2.2.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2013, 07:01 

hello, or have you found DsFix 2.2? because my game does not work even after the update Steam
I see the fire camp marked Dark Souls, but after it nothing happens.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 04:07 

Hi, I need help getting Dark Souls working on multi-monitor again. :(

I had Dark Souls working with multi-monitor before, several weeks ago, and now I just get a black screen or it crashes on load. I'm re-installing it for the second time now, and if someone would be kind enough to walk me through setting it up, I'd be very grateful.

I have Dark Souls from Steam. I've got Widescreen Fixer v3.4 r662 with Plugin v3.3 r0 from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html (it lists v1.0.3 for the game version). The plugin is configured for 3 displays, 5760x1080 uncorrected, 6032x1080 corrected.

What should I do next? Do I launch the game and change settings? Do I install DSFix, and if so which version? At what point do I launch Widescreen Fixer?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 13:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Timobkg wrote:
Hi, I need help getting Dark Souls working on multi-monitor again. :(

I had Dark Souls working with multi-monitor before, several weeks ago, and now I just get a black screen or it crashes on load. I'm re-installing it for the second time now, and if someone would be kind enough to walk me through setting it up, I'd be very grateful.

I have Dark Souls from Steam. I've got Widescreen Fixer v3.4 r662 with Plugin v3.3 r0 from http://3dsurroundgaming.com/WSF.html (it lists v1.0.3 for the game version). The plugin is configured for 3 displays, 5760x1080 uncorrected, 6032x1080 corrected.

What should I do next? Do I launch the game and change settings? Do I install DSFix, and if so which version? At what point do I launch Widescreen Fixer?

1. Download and install DSFix (either 1.9 or 2.2 as both seem to work) .
2. Open DSFix configuration file
3. Write the resolution you want your game to play at in DSFIX file. In your case: 6032x1080.
4. Make all the other modifications in DSFix that you want.
5. Save the file.
6. Start WSF.
7. Start the game
8. The fix should automatically start after 10-20 seconds or so, don't remember by hard
9. You should be able to see everything, UI etc centered on the middle screen
10. Enjoy! and that is an order ^_^ :))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2013, 15:49 

helifax wrote:
Timobkg wrote:

3. Write the resolution you want your game to play at in DSFIX file. In your case: 6032x1080.
5. Save the file.
6. Start WSF.
7. Start the game
8. The fix should automatically start after 10-20 seconds or so, don't remember by hard

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did that, and ended up with just a black screen. I'm going to try launching the game first, without anything else, and making sure that the in-game settings are OK, such as turning AA off and having it set for fullscreen.

Edit: Nevermind. Launching it on a fresh install with nothing else just got me a black screen across all three monitors. Following your steps exactly got me up and running. I don't know why it didn't work last time. Maybe it was the reboot that did the trick? In any case, thanks again!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2013, 13:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for updating the fix helifax!

For some reason the fix didn't adjust my HUD and left it stretched and ugly. I think that maybe it didn't take effect until I turned on AA in DSfix. I'm unable to get it stretched and ugly again though so IDK what to think about that.

Is it possible that you can somehow integrate DSfix's HUD modification capability in a future release? This is what mine looks like just scaled down with some transparancy. When the "mini HUD" option is turned on there isn't anything in the lower left at all.

When HUD mods are disabled everything is solid gold though, thanks again!

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2013, 04:52 

So I'm having an issue where I can't get Dark Souls to span my 3 screens. It appears the resolution is correct but it is only showing on my center monitor.

Any ideas on how to get it to span all 3?

This is what I am seeing.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 02:49 

I've been using DsFix + WF for a while with no problems, but the newest set of updats has been killing me.

I was trying to play today (I did yesterday with no problem), but no matter what I do I can't get it to fullscreen properly. I'm using DsFix 2.2 and the latest WF and plugin. All the resolutions (including bezel comp) are set correctly but when I choose "fullscreen" in the game menu, I get nothing on the display. Enabling "borderless fullscreen" in DsFix just stretches the image. I use 5x1p, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 22:07 

helifax wrote:

5. Save the file.
6. Start WSF.
7. Start the game

I have followed these instructions, however my game launches with all 3 screens showing a duplicated screen of the game instead of being stretched across 3. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 14:34 

Make sure before you do any of the above steps you set the resolution you want within Dark Souls. That step is left out most of the time and caused my games not to span the three monitors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next