Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 10:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2007, 17:36 

What monitors are you using in that picture?
His sig says "Dell 3007WFP-HC + 2x 2007FPs".

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 10:56 

Hey folks sorry for being away after my post.

Thanks for the compliments and pointer to the link with of the other triple softTH. Really cool. I think gaming with 3 widescreen would be awsome.

I chose to go with 2 portrait side panels because i use this setup mainly for work, and I like having them for web, docs, etc...

As far as the the DX10 resolution question, I just want to confirm that it does not have anything to DX10 or Vista.

The maximum resolution depends on the card (and drivers), the 8000 series GeForces can do 8192x8192 maximum while for older cards the maximum is usually 4096x4096.

Of course my 8800GTX is only outputing 2560x1600 to the center monitor, but what softTH does is use the gtx to render the whole image, and tell the game that the 4960x1600 res is available.

After that softTH "cuts" the sides of the whole rendered image and sends them to my second card to output to the 2 side monitors.

Oh yeah I am running in XP.

As far as performance, I have yet to run any benchmarks, but with FRAPS is see performance at just over 30fps with every single item on max, but with the softTH seeting to use 16bit for the side panels.

I will try to run some benchmarks and will post here later.