Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 19:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 07:47 
Insiders
Insiders

We'll see how the official support goes once the 180 are fully released. Unfortunately so far it seems to be a case of 'only the big name games that payed us for it will be multi-screen sli enabled'
???
Don't get it. SLI will only be available on Intel X58 chipsets if they manufacturer licences it but not multi monitor AFAIK.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2008, 08:10 

Sorry, it's just my interpretation of the sli+multiple monitor support only on games such as flight sim. X, supreme commander, etc, only big name games, I made up the payed part.

I don't see why only some games should be able to use it, just like sli should work with just about any d3d/ogl game.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2008, 22:52 

Just tried the beta 1.80 driver = 180.43_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_beta.exe

Got all the way to the desktop, looking good, all three screens working...CRASH

Reboot, single monitor, 640x480 VGA, ouch! that is UGLY!

Tried reinstall 1.80 driver and rebooting...still 640x480...

Tried reinstall 1.78.x driver and rebooting...still 640x480...

Ran System Restore and went back couple of days, back to normal with 1.78.13 drivers...

Will wait for 1.80 finals!!!

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2008, 00:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I'll probably have to wait for the WHQL as well, because the GXM won't work with the new drivers and I doubt Matrox will put out a new one until then

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 09:44 

confirmed this new "multimonitor supports only 2 monitors" it says u have to connect it via the main card, thus 2 monitors

unless u have 4 cards lol!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2008, 22:42 

9800GX2 Vertical span at 3840*2048 possible?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 18:18 

So the TH2Go may become obsolete?

I certainly hope so. Th2go has poor support, is unintuitive and extremely difficult to work with. The company itelsf is secondrate and if Nvidia could do this and have it work.... I would be estatic... beyond words. Because unlike Matrox, Nvidia is a real company.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 20:25 

Poor support? Support on nVidia wont be any better if not then worse. It is the GAME that has to support the resolution another way of implementing these resolutions will not improve support.

This feature will likely not be impliemented across all systems (IE one or more of the following will not have support, Linux 32 Bit, Linux 64 Bit, Windows XP 32 Bit, Windows XP 64 Bit Windows Vista 32 Bit, Windows Vista 64 Bit and Mac operating systems. Where as the TH2G has some level of functionality across all of these systems.

I have never had any difficulty working with Matrox where as if you want to work with nVidia you have to communicate either with one of their resellers of on their official forums full of fanboys and flame wars. I have hand the operatunity to communicate directly with people who work with the hardware. You may come up with the argument that Matrox has no official forums but if you ask them they will refer you here. They once had official forums but this place always overshadowed them so the closed down and started advertising here.

Unintuitive to work with? All you have to do is plug it in and set the resolution! then it is working. I can't imagine what convoluted way nvidia is going to do it, I suspect you will have to turn on a special SLI mode then go to nView and set it to horizontal span but first making sure that all the screens are set to the EXACT same resolution and refresh rate otherwise you will get an error message.

And then you will have limited support for which cards will work and for this feature in beta and new drivers, not dissimilar to nVida's support of 3D glasses and displays.

We also have not gotten to the possibility that there will be a frame rate decrease using nVidia TH versus Matrox TH which I am quite confident there will be.

Oh and that last flame about Matrox not being a real company is uncalled for I could turn around and say your not a real person for similar reasons, but I won't because it is not true, just like your statement about Matrox not being a real company.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 21:09 

When and if Nvidia makes use of 3 monitors in sli , they will provide support for games on release. Especialy big games like fallout 3.

I appreciate the work done by this community, but why is the community doing most of the work to make these games compatible with triplehead2go?

Why isnt matrox working with the software developers to make simple changes to the inifile which could be included in the resolution options of the game itself? Probably because software companies could give 2 hoots about triplehead2go and Matrox because it represents such a small piece of their pie.

Now if Nvidia is in that position, you can bet your butt the software companies will conform to it. Games will be multimonitor supported out of the box, or at least an attempt will be made.

Do you think a game like fallout 3 would hit the markets without multimonitor support if Nvidia was in charge of the show? Especialy when all it took to make it supported was a few font changes and some .ini changes. Why could'nt matrox work with the developers to have this done out of the box?

This th2go is a great idea. Only if there was some muscle behind it.
If Nvidia takes over there WILL be muscle behind it, and when that day comes this small community will errupt into a rather large one almost overnight.

I say unintuitive because little things like, oh the primary monitor in nonsurround games defaulting to the left most monitor... How long has it been before they gave you a assbackwards workaround where you actualy have to plug in "monitor 1" into the "monitor 2" slot to get it to work and then swap monitors around with 1 button like 9 times to get the windows to display properly.
What kind of foresight did it take to figure out people would most likely be using the center monitor for nonsurround games?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 21:28 

I think the only real solution to this would be Nvidia and/or ATI creating their own triplehead2go, and then actualy supporting it like it needs to be supported.

That would put the nail in the coffin for th2go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next