Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 10:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:00 
Editors
Editors

Partial fixes, its good enough to play with but not what I would call a fix yet.

I have been on one screen for the last few hours and it does feel limiting but it works well and now I have 60fps at all times.

I tried multiplayer but It just is not working well yet, It freezes the game up when I get to server select, if I wait a really long time I guess after its done refreshing I can pick a game but by that time all the games data is old so most games are full or something.

Its ok I am happy in one player for now :D

I still need to figure out why my friends could not join my private hosted game, I'll research it tonight at work.

From what I can tell your character data is all local, so I copied my save file and when I go to try it on my laptop later tonight I should be able to use my character.

I guess this is how it has to be for a free to play game, if it was server side like WoW we would be paying, but I know this is going to be a problem with hacking characters really fast. But I guess just make sure we have a good system to boot hackers out of a game, or try to play only with people you know.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:14 

damn i just read thru all posts, thats disappointing with the multiplayer VisciousXUSMC, have faith fellas!!!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:26 

The player count is so low and it being that kinda game I don't worry about cheating. You find people you like to play with and play with them.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 04:35 
Editors
Editors

yeah I am not worried about cheating myself, its not a MMO where it will effect the economy or anything, the cheaters are only going to cheat themselves out of enjoying a really good game.

I just want to have an vote/kick feature so that if your in a good public game somebody cant join in who is a cheater and just start messing up your game.

As a casual player who plays at random times all the time its hard for me to get a static group of people to play with, its usually just pick up groups for me.

As for multilayer, I have no clue why its acting like it is, seems the server select menu is setup in a way that you cant view it or move while its updating the server list, so your stuck there waiting for a long time before your game unfreezes. If they just make it so you can view/move and select a game while its still refreshing that should fix that problem.

As for ports needing to be open to host, I am about to go google up that information now and hope to find out if that was the problem.

edit:

To host an online game, the following ports need to be opened / pushed to the host's internal IP address:
7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)

edit: more ports found on another site:

Said will only let you host a public game, private still not working.

Update:
After forwarding all those ports I hosted both public and private games today. Only the first 4 should be required but I did all of them.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 15:37 
Editors
Editors

My bindings are not working for FOV suddenly. I took my left shift FOV 110 binding off so I could play on just one screen.

Now I decided to experiment with binding FOV 142 to my mouse button or something easy like that so I can play on all 3 screens without dealing with the upside down vision when running.

But now no matter what I do no FOV bind will work except the ones on the F keys, I cant get it to bind with an existing game key.

Also I found a line under debug camera that turns on a run camrea when sprinting, I would think turning that off or deleting it would fix the issue with the running zooming out, but I deleted it and it had no effect. Seems like its not reading my new .ini file for some reason.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 15:38 

My workaround is having a designated fast-run key "W" (I use ESDF for movement)
Code:
Bindings=(Name="W",Command="MoveForward | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux6 | FOV 120 | OnRelease FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

it puts fov120 and doas as if you would hold shift + forward pressed.
on release it sets fov142.
if you hold it down together with your walk forward key and then release just the fastrun key it goes upside down super mega hyper boost pipe :D

but if you just use this to run fast, and your normal key for walking, its a more comfortable solution.

the Mordecal knifing animation seems to switch to fov 90 for its duration, havent checked other classes :(

the way it handles fov while running or knifing seems to be hardcoded, I couldnt find anything in the .inis :(

we need a .upk extractor

screw it, its no fun to play with the guns zoomed in in such a loot driven game.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 05:41 
Editors
Editors

well its an interesting fix, I wonder why my walk binding looks different, mine just says "advanced key blah blah" rather than axis agas speed like everybody elses binding does that I have seen online.

Maybe thats why my changes are not sticking anymore.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 05:56 

Thanks for all the effort guys! Just got the game today and I am about to start playing - annoyind damn menu's but hey if I can get around them I can deal with it ;)

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 07:49 

Once I got the game to 60fps and got precise and fast mouse movement, and realized the X in the top right of the menus was there and meant cancel as well as close, I found the menus to be just fine.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 23:42 
Editors
Editors

So anybody have like the ultimate bindings and guide for TH users yet?

I have still been playing on one screen, the higher fps is nice keeps the mouse and game smooth but I miss my triple wide gameplay.

Im lvl 48 now and so I do not really need to see much as far as missions or even loot, I just want to see the game in nice surround without the world going upside down when I sprint :D

I have no clue why the binds I had before like shift key working as both a lower FOV and sprint are no longer working, been wanting to just play too much to take the time to trouble shoot any further.

Multiplayer has been great for the few private games I have had, after forwarding my ports I can host just fine. However public games are a mess. Always people way too low of a level join so they cant do anything and it often may prevent a quest from working. Plus the always on microphone is so dumb, I mean really dumb.

They claim there genious by making this AI system that can generate weapons and stuff but hey they never heard of push to talk? or just add the option to turn on/off the mic in the game (or mute other players) these things are so standard.

No vsync option in the game, also important when the game and its engine clearly supports it and has it labeled clear as day in the .ini file where you can manually turn it on.

So yes the game is great, best game I have had in many many years and I am so occupied by it but please GearBox release a patch soon that makes this game work the way it should have at release.

If at all possible give us multiple monitor support, though I have my doubts that it will happen. But at least help us get it workable by giving us a option or code to turn off that awkward zoom that happens when you run and find a way to make the menu's work like the tab menu does so it fits in the center screen rather than zooms. After that despite the zoomed in guns the game would be quite playable in TH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next