Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 11:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 09:36 
I Donated
I Donated

I think it's working now. I've went into the Nvidia Control Panel, and enabled the SLI Visual Indicator, and the green bars where moving properly.

As far as Surround goes, I tried the solution from this post by making the autoexec.cfg file, and it still didn't work.

http://gamers-underground.com/action-fps/34662-brink-tweaks-fixes.html

I'll try inputting console commands to see if that does the trick.

EDIT: Ignore the part in that post that mentions to create an autoexec file. Just use wordpad to edit the brinkconfig file and you should be good to go. Surround + SLI is working just fine now. The SLI solution seems to be just with Nvidia, I'm not too sure about Crossfire.

EDIT 2: Just wanted to add that I seem to be getting a strange stuttering issue with this game. It's not Microstutter, since all my games run fine. Not sure if it's the Surround, or the SLI, but it feels like the game is rather on the choppy side. I'm getting 40 FPS most of the time, so it's not that. But the surround is indeed working, aside from the HUD not being centered.

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 11:36 

Does anyone know, if these config settings are the same for 3840x1024?

like this:

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customWidth "3840"
seta r_customHeight "1024"
seta r_aspectRatio "-1"
seta r_customAspectRatioH "16"
seta r_customAspectRatioV "3"

thanks
pudel

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 20:11 

So.... pretty much sums it up to being not even worth downloading to the multi monitor rig. Unless wanting to jump through hoops to get it to work properly . Ah well .

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 21:05 
Insiders
Insiders

So.... pretty much sums it up to being not even worth downloading to the multi monitor rig. Unless wanting to jump through hoops to get it to work properly . Ah well .

Well that is not uncommon

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 22:25 
I Donated
I Donated

[quote]So.... pretty much sums it up to being not even worth downloading to the multi monitor rig. Unless wanting to jump through hoops to get it to work properly . Ah well .

In retrospec, it's not that bad. A simple wordpad edit and SLI patch is all that's needed. But what's bad is the HUD is not centered, and there's some pretty bad stuttering going on. Some people might be able to play through it, but I'm rather sensitive to it.

May want to wait for Splash Damage to patch the game.

PostPosted: 11 May 2011, 23:24 

Here you go guys I found a configurator from Rush-Zone.com it works pretty good for me, figured I would pass it on :cheers

http://www.rush-zone.com/downloads/gaming/brink/brinkconfigv1.2/details.html

PostPosted: 12 May 2011, 06:54 

[quote][quote]So.... pretty much sums it up to being not even worth downloading to the multi monitor rig. Unless wanting to jump through hoops to get it to work properly . Ah well .

In retrospec, it's not that bad. A simple wordpad edit and SLI patch is all that's needed. But what's bad is the HUD is not centered, and there's some pretty bad stuttering going on. Some people might be able to play through it, but I'm rather sensitive to it.

May want to wait for Splash Damage to patch the game.

Right... though it's a simple patch and wordpad edit it is the combination of that and the potential performance issues Im really not willing to mess with right now. for the most part you can get these issues worked out with workarounds . but sometimes it leads to other issues. Any more it's getting to were i wont even mess around buying a game if it doesn't support muti out of the box. although i did pre order this game with the Idea that i could always play it on my other rig . But who am I kidding . I never use the single monitor computer anymore now that i have surround

PostPosted: 12 May 2011, 06:59 
Insiders
Insiders

It is a good game though, very deep. I am OK with single screen til we get centred HUD, need it centred if you are going to compete.

PostPosted: 12 May 2011, 08:44 

It still hasn't unlocked for me (Europe), however I have found this tool that will allow us tweak advanced settings:

http://www.fileplanet.com/220057/220000/fileinfo/Brink---Brink-Configurator-v1.2

Oculus Rift

PostPosted: 12 May 2011, 10:34 

It still hasn't unlocked for me (Europe), however I have found this tool that will allow us tweak advanced settings:

http://www.fileplanet.com/220057/220000/fileinfo/Brink---Brink-Configurator-v1.2

He He, we both posted the same program just different download locations, :hide

Yes it centers the game really well.

My current settings are 5040 x 1050 and I am using a FOV of 115 and it doesnt look that bad, now if they would just fix the stupid sound issue (make sure your realtek drivers are up to date or the sound will really really suck...ask me how I know).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next