Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 19:10 
Editors
Editors

No, that one is still there! :-)

I wrote another post about the dlc zip files that should be #16, but it's disappeared.

Im sure it was a mistake, please feel free to repost / open a new thread about it in the Mods, Tweaks , Tools and Tutorials sub-forum, thanks again for the contribution m8.

:welcome

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2011, 20:31 

I've written up some research into using the DLC zips for packaging up mods, which has been moved into it's own thread here: http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/gaming/mods-tweaks-tools-tutorials/17999/orcs-must-die-mods

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2011, 00:26 

Well... they broke the game again today.
They've changed their authentication method for the data files and now the crc32 spoofs aren't working. My fov fix is now broken... and the mod generator I was building won't work.

Yeah for draconian protection practices... I'm sure they changed it to another hash value to check, but i'm kind of not interested enough anymore to find the new method and work around it.

Time for the dust bin, OMD...

Post subject: Has anyone been able to
PostPosted: 25 Nov 2011, 08:13 

Has anyone been able to update the fix. The game would be fantastic in glorious Eyefinity! Plz!

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2011, 16:27 

Has anyone been able to update the fix. The game would be fantastic in glorious Eyefinity! Plz!

The developers broke the only working, and simple solution of allowing us to change the fov manually in the files. I imagine there is a way to memory edit to force a new FOV in. However, such edits are not in my realm of expertise.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2011, 01:49 

Do you think Hayden would know how to do it?

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 19:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Do you think Hayden would know how to do it?

I don't have the game:) but I could help (with memory editing the fov)...It's only 3.49E on steam for the next 24h...still wondering if I should pick it up or not...:)

If people are interested I could buy it (or accept it as a gift..LOL)

Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 19:21 
Editors
Editors

(or accept it as a gift..LOL)

Helifax

Lol $)

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 20:39 
Editors
Editors

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I have a fix in progress (XP functional, Vista/7 still to do). Job will be keeping me occupied for the next week, then I'll be able to devote more time to testing and hopefully get everything working.

I usually avoid 'coming soon' announcements, but given the interest in this thread I decided to make an exception. I can't set a definite release date so please be patient.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 23:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I have a fix in progress (XP functional, Vista/7 still to do). Job will be keeping me occupied for the next week, then I'll be able to devote more time to testing and hopefully get everything working.

I usually avoid 'coming soon' announcements, but given the interest in this thread I decided to make an exception. I can't set a definite release date so please be patient.

Nice to know that!!! thank you for the update!;;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next