Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 13:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 19:02 

I have encountered another problem, which is caused by my rather unique setup.

I have 2 19" 1280*1024 screens and one 22" 1680x1050 screen in the middle. The main screen and the right screen are connected to my 580GTX the left screen is connected to my onboard card.
To span games over all 3 screens I pu them into window mode and set the resolution to 4240x1050(I know a few pixels are off screen at the bottom of the side monitors but that doesn't mater)
To remove the window border and the taskbar and to correctly postion the game on screen I use an AutoHotkey Script

This normally works fine with all games which work at such resolutions( tested it with BF3 SWTOR Skyrim ARMA 2)

The ME3 Demo allows that resolution, but when i star the game it detects my main screens resolution and scales the window down so it fits onto my main screen.(so the game only is on the top halt of my main screen)
Like this:

Anyone got an Idea how I can stop the game from scaling it down to my main monitor? Maybe a way I can trick the game into thinking my screen is actually 4240x1050?

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 19:16 

Falcon and anyone else, those menus are exactly the same as surround, but in single player, how did you get past the finale menu that needs you to confirm you character creation? I try pressing enter and Y but nothing works.

You can't. That's the point. Have to go Single-Display to use the menus.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 19:43 

I don't remember having that zoom issue with my Eyefinity setup. I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but I had no problem creating a custom Shepard last night.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 20:16 

Here's a run-through of the first mission, 3x1080p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2ex6tvclQE&feature=g-upl&context=G2ff5f88AUAAAAAAAAAA

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 21:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Tatati Tata ta daaaaa!!! Hud fixed and centered. Also menus properly displayed on center screen:P
Pending screenshots:)

EDIT

Screenies added! Enjoy the preview!;))

Attached files

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 22:21 

OMG, all hail, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Any way you can do the same for ME2 and ME1, I know plenty have tried and failed, im sure the implementation would be similar as the games run on the same engine!!!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 22:45 
Insiders
Insiders

OMG, all hail, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Any way you can do the same for ME2 and ME1, I know plenty have tried and failed, im sure the implementation would be similar as the games run on the same engine!!!

For Me2 I already made a fix (still imperfect, but is the only one and Me2 is totally dif than ME1 and Me3). You can find it on this website;))

Glad that you like;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 23:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Fix can be downloaded from: http://www.widescreenfixer.org/

BIG THANKS for DOPEFISH for implementing this!!!! (I am a slacker at implementing the fixes using his latest framework) :))

Please let us know how it works out;))

Best Regards,
Helifax

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 01:45 

It... works... in some way:

Post subject: Will this fix screw up
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2012, 01:55 

Will this fix screw up Eyefinity setups? Tempted to give it a try and see if I like it with the centered HUD but everything else is perfect already. Anyone tried it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next