Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 09:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: CY:G wrote:The patch for
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 13:27 
Insiders
Insiders

The patch for unlocking resolution is out:

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=92

Interesting:) That is a wrapper actually...that could explain why some things are not as they should...like texts and other thingies:)

Edit: The wrapper doesnt work for me... However I can select my surround resolution ingame only to see a complete black screen:(

Upon investigation I found the following: the dll file actually increases the resolution of the renderer..which gives better details! but IT DOENST make the game work on eyefinity/surround;))

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): tavyhome@gmail.com

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 13:59 
Insiders
Insiders

Not having much luck yet with the DSFix, yet. Seems to work relatively well on a single screen at 1920x1080, but I'm also getting a black screen at 5760x1080. The game doesn't stop responding, since I can still hear the menus reacting to key presses. It looks like the black screen is unrelated to DSFix, since I get it with and without it when trying to set the resolution to 5760x1080.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 14:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Not having much luck yet with the DSFix, yet. Seems to work relatively well on a single screen at 1920x1080, but I'm also getting a black screen at 5760x1080. The game doesn't stop responding, since I can still hear the menus reacting to key presses. It looks like the black screen is unrelated to DSFix, since I get it with and without it when trying to set the resolution to 5760x1080.

Indeed! If you want to see what DSFix does...set a huge resolution inside it start the game make a screen and than the same without DSFix... You will see a huge diff in detail and quality...

I am looking inside the black screen thingy...although have no idea how to make it render:))

Edit: Found something interesting... In portrait mode the game still doesnt render even if the AR is 3150/1680 closer to 16:9. So I suspect the game is capped to the 2000 Horizontal resolution or something.... rather than an aspect ratio...

Hmm tried it with the lower one supported bu the game 3x800x600. Same result....

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 14:33 

I really hope you find a way to fix this game, it would look amazing in Triple screens with the art style.

I also get black screens with any triple head resolution :(

Post subject: More interesting
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 15:08 
Insiders
Insiders

More interesting stuff:

1680x1050 works. (Landscape mode)
1050x1680 works. (Portrait mode)

but
1800x800 doesnt work. so I dont believe is a resolution lock. However the only 2 things that differ are:
- The video driver tries to split the image on 3 screens rather than 1
- The AR is different than the standard ones.

If 1 is very far fetched and could mean an incompatibility between the engine and the driver ( never heard of it but still it can exist) I am inclined to believe the 2nd one:) as being the bugger here...

So...no idea what to do from here:))

Post subject: So sad you got stuck ,
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 16:22 

So sad you got stuck :(, hopefully you can think of something else, I have faith in you hehe.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 19:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Anybody else having an issue with walking/running when using an Xbox 360 controller? Pretty frequently I'll have the left stick pushed all the way forward and be running, only to suddenly start walking while still pushing it all the way forward. Left/Right and then back to forward gets me running again but it's really annoying. It could just be my controller on the fritz, but I haven't had this problem in any other game.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 19:48 

Are you using your Stamina??? If you hold B while running you will sprint, once your stamina runs down you can no longer run.

Post subject: I didn't know that about
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2012, 22:44 
Insiders
Insiders

I didn't know that about Stamina, thanks! Turns out that I wasn't using my Stamina up, but the left stick on my controller is having issues. I swapped it out with a spare wired controller and it works fine now.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2012, 01:17 

So...no idea what to do from here:))

The only way from here is to madness.

I've went ahead and dusted off SoftTH for some experiments, and ran the game at 3840x3073 (5:4 aspect ratio). This surprisingly worked fine, so it's clearly not a resolution lock but has to do with the aspect ratio.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29  Next