Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 23:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: GRAW
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2006, 10:34 
Editors
Editors

That was on the 3D gamers description page too ... same place ... :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2006, 17:36 

That was on the 3D gamers description page too ... same place ... :wink: :lol:

your not wrong, doh ;) must have read that 4 times, and only now ( on fresh eyes) have i spotted it, lol... put my posting average up a bit lol

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 19:42 

does GRAW have native 1920x1200 res. support??

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 19:49 
Editors
Editors

Yes.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2006, 13:20 

What's GRAW like in single player mode??

Boring, repedative. Those are the only two words I can think of. Well, it has good 5.1 sound, but when you're getting an FPS of 20...

graw is one of the only games i have played where the lack of aa is really bad. even on high res it still looks wrong, and it does make it harder to fire long shots etc.... wish they had ditched the crap bloom/hdr and got the aa right.

As one mentioned above, standard AA is not able to be done in this game, because of the lighting system - it's called "Defferred Lighting". It's probably the sole reason why the people who don't have dual SLi / Crossfire get a constant and un-playable 20FPS. I read a nVidia fact sheet on Deffered lighting, didn't make any sense. Although, they did say it's not good for "Large, open daytime environments". I think GRIN must not have read that part and implemented it in GRAW for our torture.

PostPosted: 08 May 2007, 08:35 

I just got the analog Triplehead2go and am trying to get GRAW to work on my three 21"CRTs but keep getting the error:

"Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35
Failed setting up render device."

In the Matrox TH2Go Surround Gaming Utility there is only one resolution listed (1920x480)!? Could that be the problem?

I am running a Dell computer with Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz, 2 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 XT. GRAW works fine with just one monitor. Doom 3 works fine with the TH2Go on all three monitors.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: 08 May 2007, 08:53 
Editors
Editors

The game should work in TH without the SGU ...
Start it up on one screen then ... choose your TH Resolution in game and set the Aspect Ratio to Auto.

Try it ... you will then know if it is the SGU or not ...

Also ... as far as I know the 9800 can't do more than 1920x480 in TH.

PostPosted: 08 May 2007, 17:56 

Thanks Paddy.

You are right about my card not supporting resolutions better than 1920x480 in triplehead.

Thanks to your help I finally got it to work in 1920x480. First, I set the SGU to optimize GRAW at 1920x480 (my only resoltion option). Then I set my windows resolution (what I'm using to do outlook, explorer, normal windows type stuff) to 1920x480; then I started up GRAW. In game it listed the resolution something like this x:192000; y:48000 z:60 (that is just from memory--it may not be exactly what it said). But the drop down resolution box contained only the standard single screen resolutions and none of the triple screen resolutions. Also the triplehead resolution was written differently in the resoltuion box with the x,y, and z...

Well, it worked. Unfortunately, the resolution is so low it looks like a game from 1998. And it is a pain in the neck to change my overall resolution every time I want to play GRAW and then have to change it back again when I'm done.

Hopefully I'm not straying too far off topic here, but what do I need to do to get GRAW (and other games like Quake Wars: Enemy Territory and rFactor) running at higher resolutions? A new graphics card? A new computer? What do you suggest? And by the way, does triplehead2go work well with Vista?

Thanks again for your help!

PostPosted: 08 May 2007, 18:06 
Editors
Editors

Hopefully I'm not straying too far off topic here, but what do I need to do to get GRAW (and other games like Quake Wars: Enemy Territory and rFactor) running at higher resolutions? A new graphics card? A new computer? What do you suggest? And by the way, does triplehead2go work well with Vista?

Yeah you really need a need a better graphics card for the latest games and if you want 3840x1024 you probably really need an NVIDIA 8800 ...
ATI cards are not so good (at the moment) they only do the lower TH resolutions.

And yeah the TH2G works in Vista ... :)

Check out these Matrox pages for compatibility and available resolutions ...

Matrox TripleHead2Go Analog Edition
Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition

PostPosted: 08 May 2007, 18:45 

Kimmelator,

As Paddy says, the 9800 is your main problem. ATI has poor support of large resolutions. Your 9800 couldn't necessarily push those pixels anyway, but newer cards certainly can and the only thing holding them back is drivers. ATI drivers don't allow the large resolutions necessary for a good triplehead experience.

For triplehead you need an nVidia card, plain and simple. The faster the better. And 8800 of some sort is the best option, but I have a 7900GT which works just fine and I used to use a 6800GT which worked well, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next