Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 10:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Fallout 3
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2008, 10:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Unfortunately that font is still too big and the text when hacking terminals is still going past the bottom of the screen. Also unfortunately is that even though we have glow_monofonto large and medium there is no small variety of this font. And entering it into the file results in invisible text.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2008, 21:09 
Insiders
Insiders

I wonder if this FNT format is custom or one of the existing ones (like FNT.dll supplied by Microsoft?)

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 01:39 

I'd be curious to see if we can just put a font file (.fnt) in the same folder the huge texture file is and see if it overrides it.

in any case, i have to agree that's kind of a deal breaker, not being able to read on a computer screen without bleeding the eyes.. :(

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2008, 04:23 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys ...
Try this font ... Glow_Monofonto_Medium.fnt

I don't have a terminal with lots of text but it is a bit smaller.

Original

Glow_Monofonto_Medium.fnt

And yeah ... crap news on the sniper zoom ... :(

This has worked pretty well for me, haven't really seen any terminals yet that tell you a story with the text getting cut off (maybe a little?) The hacking is still messed up, but for the most part its because you need to move the mouse somewhere near the selected password (but not on the text directly).

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 01:40 

Win!

I have to somehow play dead space, and this to death, before left 4 dead comes out... O.o

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 01:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Win!

I have to somehow play dead space, and this to death, before left 4 dead comes out... O.o

Yeah and Far Cry 2 and World of Goo and Resistance 2 on the PS3 and .....I love Christmas game time :)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 02:31 

Far Cry 2 is very pretty, but I'm bored to death already with the generic gameplay :(

World of Goo - Too much like lemmings.

PS3... Meh I dont have one :)

Also, this is basically the same engine as oblivion? If they havent radically changed everything, I should be able to make new .fnt files easy enough.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 03:24 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I haven't played mych of FC2 yet, it keeps crashing on me. I might reinstall XP so I can get the latest drivers and TH to work!.
But yes it is the same engine as oblivion, just tweaked AFAIK

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2008, 23:58 

Hi, got some nice tips here to get the game working, but there's still one issue.
don't see it mentioned here, so maybe it's just my setup.. the mouse doesn't have equal speed in x/y directions. Its like the area for the cursor is stretched, going 3 times faster horizontally (than vertically).

seems normal when looking around, it's just when the cursor is on the screen, like in vats.

After playing a bit, I get sort of used to it, but then it feels weird back in windows :p

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2008, 00:27 

Hi, got some nice tips here to get the game working, but there's still one issue.
don't see it mentioned here, so maybe it's just my setup.. the mouse doesn't have equal speed in x/y directions. Its like the area for the cursor is stretched, going 3 times faster horizontally (than vertically).

seems normal when looking around, it's just when the cursor is on the screen, like in vats.

After playing a bit, I get sort of used to it, but then it feels weird back in windows :p

I think I noticed that in FC2 and DeadSpace too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next