Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 21 Jul 2024, 23:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 07:20 

Sorry for bumping but I cannot any information anywhere with respect to a patch that is going to make this game playable on TH2Go.

Does anyone anywhere have any info? I am still waiting to play this game after buying it over a week ago. Every ad for this game says it has TH2Go support. But it doesn't and that makes me sad and a little frustrated... :(

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 13:37 

Hi

No I haven't heard anything really. Over at SimHQ Jason said something about the next patch being a lot bigger than the first and also that he is testing it now. He has TH2Go, so I would hope that's part of the testing he is doing.
I only hope they get it right, like in FSX or rFactor (and most any other game that supports it). Neoqb's DR.1 for FSX is fantastic in triplehead, in FSX. I can only imagine how RoF will be when they get it working like it should be.
Hopefully soon now, but I have no idea.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009, 06:07 

Thanks for the response, Butch! Yeah, if they do it like TH2Go has been implemented in FSX, I would be more than pleased. Just wanna play....

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009, 17:19 

You're welcome. Sorry I haven't anything else to offer.
I'm just like you, I can't play right now either. I have a made a few flights, but just the free fly. The view is just too restricted to try to fight anything, other than a balloon.

Since Matrox is working with them on it, I have a feeling they will get it right and it should be what we are expecting it to be. I mean even Test Drive Unlimited does it right, so I have little worries they will come through.

It's hard knowing how everyone is flying and having so much fun while we are stuck on the aerodrome with,,,, let's say 'clipped wings', lol.

We'll be there though. Just hang in there :)

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 16:52 

Hi again

A patch is due out anytime now.
There is no mention of TH2Go being fixed, but it did state there were things corrected in all screens, so hopefully this means we will have the correct FOV when using TH2Go. I certainly hope so, I want to play too.

Check the News section at the official Rise of Flight site for information.

Fingers crossed here.

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 17:16 
Editors
Editors

now.
There is no mention of TH2Go being fixed, but it did state there were things corrected in all screens, so hopefully this means we will have the correct FOV when using TH2Go.

Sounds good, im waiting for this patch to finally buy RoF. :D

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 19:26 

Well place your order thales100!

Working beautifully now.

This shows it panned out as far as it will go. More than enough, so all is good.
Thank you Neoqb, Matrox, Jason (of 777 Studios) and anyone else that helped in getting this straightened out.

So, if you don't hear from me on the boards for a while, just look up, I'm somewhere over France ;)

Bye for now

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 19:35 
Editors
Editors

Well place your order thales100!

Working beautifully now.

Fantastic :!: :D

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2009, 20:24 

Hi again

Jason said they are not 100% satisfied with it yet and further enhancements will be coming. But hey, they got it pretty good now and it's certainly playable like this. I suppose maybe they mean the edge distortion, he didn't get into details about what they are still looking into.

One thing is for sure, they are fully commited to support and any improvements beyond this is only a plus.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 05:14 

Great news! Next question - where do I get the patch?

I have been to the RoF site, seen the dev notes on patch 1.004 (http://riseofflight.com/Blogs/post/2009/07/28/Patch-1004.aspx).

I click the link that says "Patch 1.004", which basically opens a duplicate page - no download options given. I have read the whole page. Nowhere does it say where to get the patch. I have googled it - nothing.

If someone can post a link, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next