Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 10:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 00:53 

At least you can host games I have forwarded my ports and I can't host any games and can't connect and play with my brother the multiplayer element is broken as far as I am concerned.

The fact I can't host games is just silly, so many people are having online issues I have just given up tbh. I will wait for a patch to fix the multi issues and I so p******ed off right now as games should work when you bloody buy them and forward the ports as the manual says without all these connection issues!!!!

Not a happy bunny!

Where is the vsync option Viscous?!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 04:06 
Editors
Editors

vsync is in the engine.ini just a line that says vsync=false

you have to change it to true. do it for the file in your my documents copy, not the one in the program files.

there are a lot of tweaks posted all over the net, vsync is just one of them.

Took me a while to get my ports workind I forwarded them but they did not stick till after a reset to my computer and router I think, also I used a port checker to verify they were open. Also be sure your firewall is not bocking them, including windows firewall.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 05:37 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone have a fix for the FOV being zoomed in while using a vehicle?

I am thinking we need some sort of script that just applies FOV over and over in a loop.. unfortunately I know 0 about Unreal scripting and all attempts at googling for some sort of wait/sleep command have failed (basically we'd need a the Unreal equivalent of "alias change_fov fov 143; wait 10; change_fov")

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 09:06 

I ended up giving up on the wide mode.. Too many issues, framerate was low, mouse too sensitive, crashing etc. Changed to windowed mode and have been fine since (sadly)..

When a proper solution hits I might revisit it...

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 10:23 

vsync is in the engine.ini just a line that says vsync=false

you have to change it to true. do it for the file in your my documents copy, not the one in the program files.

there are a lot of tweaks posted all over the net, vsync is just one of them.

I wonder if that gives better performance than forcing it through nhancer with triple buffering, which is what I am currently doing.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 13:21 
Editors
Editors

I always prefer to do it from the game directly, but I guess ether method is valid.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 19:30 

this Thread on Gearbox Forums has lots of tweaks

you can turn off
voice chat
mouse smoothing

change
crouch button from toggle to on hold
zoom to toggle

enable
scroll weheel in text boxes

hmm, there is also a keybind to switch to 3rd person view, I wonder how that ll work in tripple head.

Its a shame that such a great game has so broken widescreen support.

Batman did it, and it was running on UnrealEngine 3 too.

I just hope the "meant to be played on nvidia" logo or the stupid unskippable intro they managed to put in will not become a "sucks in eyefinity" synonym.

And hope that ATI has a bit more pressing power on the devs than Matrox had.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 08:22 
Insiders
Insiders

I got an "ATI CrossFire X" icon in the top right of my screen 100% of the time that I'm in-game so the "made for nvidia" thing in the beginning can suck it.

The whole FOV thing is really sad though, you set it to 142 but then when you zoom in with any weapons it uses FOV based off the default.. so you zoom in like a SHIT LOAD. Basically makes zooming in for anything but sniping completely useless, and sniping at short ranges extremely difficult. Thankfully I picked a Hunter so I've been enjoying an extra ease sniping at range, but I'm definitely pretty useless at rapid close-medium sniping.

Maybe they'll fix it in a patch, but by then I'd have finished the game already.. then again maybe I'm overestimating the zoom in importance of other classes, since Hunters pretty much *need* to get critical hits so they can do extra damage (they do like 50% extra damage on crit I think? plus snipers are common that do 150% damage on crit).

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 20:50 
Editors
Editors

Im a lvl 50 Siren Mercenary and beat both the first play through and 2nd playthrough (higher lvl tougher enemies)

Crits are not just optional but necessary to beat this game, I get +% crit just like your hunter but some enemies just do not take any damage unless its a critical shot, esp later in the game.

This is my favorite game right now by a long shot but it could be 10x better with proper triple monitor support or atleast something workable. I forgot all about the zoom issue while shooting, I considered it an advantage at first :D since most weapons in this game do not zoom too far (even sniper rifles) but late in the game needing razor reflexes the far zoom would have really messed up my gameplay style.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2009, 22:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah, the crit thing was pretty nice.. I just beat it, I was one shotting most enemies on the last level (headshot for the humans, body shots for the guardians). 70% accurate shotgun made an easy mess of the last boss since it was like a sniper rifle I didn't have to aim as accurately.

BTW there was a stealth patch yesterday that removed all the WillowPlayerInput stuff from the configs, but if you copy and paste everything that's pre-patch into that section the FOV will still work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next