Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 22:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2009, 16:50 
Founder
Founder

No problem bud, glad you found the issue. So far with 9.6 the only issue I have encountered is running Vsync in some games causes massive screen corruption - turned off its fine.

Although WoW has crashed a few times on me in some areas while flying around. Not sure if thats WoW or the 9.6 driver but hope it gets fixed ;)

WoW is generally stable... what error message did it give when it crashed?

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 02:37 
Founder
Founder

[quote]No problem bud, glad you found the issue. So far with 9.6 the only issue I have encountered is running Vsync in some games causes massive screen corruption - turned off its fine.

Although WoW has crashed a few times on me in some areas while flying around. Not sure if thats WoW or the 9.6 driver but hope it gets fixed ;)

WoW is generally stable... what error message did it give when it crashed?

Said it had an error trying to access roughly 2.4gigs worth of data. Its perfectly fine until I fly over Zuldrak basically.

Furrther more having a tonne of other game issues now.. Mirrors Edge and Deadspace wont load on screen, reverts to windows with it running in background. And also pops up with an missing file error just inserting the disk "CmdLineExtInstallerExe.exe unable to locate MSIMG32.dll"

Fallout 3 loads but the screen is a mess. Guess im just going to have to wait for the elusive 9.7 driver - and do a nice clean install too.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 03:08 
Founder
Founder

Correct me if I'm wrong, My understanding is that we are still waiting on the firmware update. Powerdesk is not the firmware unless I missed something. Also I haven't checked, is Cat 9.7 officially out? I just don't want to jump the gun and say it doesn't work until I know that all updates are out. I may be wrong but I think we have to flash the firmware AND update Powerdesk AND get Cat 9.7. Hopefully Mark B. will see this and clearify.

OK, I just checked and the official Cat 9.7 is NOT out. So don't count your monitors out yet. I also can't find a new firmware for the th2go so all is not lost. To those that have it working, congrats, to those that don't, give it a little more time. Especially those that have a garbled screen. Patience.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2009, 13:03 
Founder
Founder

Correct me if I'm wrong, My understanding is that we are still waiting on the firmware update. Powerdesk is not the firmware unless I missed something. Also I haven't checked, is Cat 9.7 officially out? I just don't want to jump the gun and say it doesn't work until I know that all updates are out. I may be wrong but I think we have to flash the firmware AND update Powerdesk AND get Cat 9.7. Hopefully Mark B. will see this and clearify.

OK, I just checked and the official Cat 9.7 is NOT out. So don't count your monitors out yet. I also can't find a new firmware for the th2go so all is not lost. To those that have it working, congrats, to those that don't, give it a little more time. Especially those that have a garbled screen. Patience.

Dunno what version/firmware you are running.. They have said there will be 3 items, 1 - software, 2 - firmware and 3 - driver updates to enable it fully. Currently the software is released. The driver update isnt out yet, still another week and a half to be released in (beta is out there). And as of the start of July (not sure if this is the correct update or not) there is a new firmware, which once installed allowed full access to 5040x1050@59hz on my ATi card - without the need of a custom resolution.

So far all the issues I have encountered all relate to Vsync issues and or possibly quirks in the programming.. Pretty sure 9.7 (well hoping) will fix the remaining few quirks. Hell if there is indeed another firmware coming this month too, ill take it. Did wonders for my TH2go setup.

Edit + Update: Managed to get Mirrors Edge to work. So far every game I have issues with is due to Vsync. Turning it off and if possible manually setting up 5040x1050 seems to get the game running. Wont have much time to retest Deadspace (Got working) and Crysis tonight (Crysis Warhead is perfect though).

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 01:48 
Founder
Founder

Hi,
my configuration is: HD 4870 1gb, 3x LG Flatron W2242S (22" analog monitor connected by DVI connectors), TripleHead2Go DE, WinXP, driver Ati 9.7, PowerDesk v2.05 and firmware v2.3.40.
Max resolution obtained is 4320x900, when I set to 5040x1050 at 59Hz I have the same result of thenjwaslike (excuse me if I used your picture)
http://uploadgeek.nl/files/xygtxktgab0ouzh3sdf9.jpg

I also tried Catalyst 9.5 and 9.6, but the result is the same. I'm not able to make it works.
Is there someone of you who can help me?
Thanks to all.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2009, 18:24 
Founder
Founder

yeah man i gave up on trying to achieve 5040x1050.

just hold tight and hope that the new catalyst / firmware will have a fix,

good luck man!!

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009, 21:00 
Founder
Founder

I just bought TH2G, setup 3 screens and it worked perfectly. This is what I have:

ATI HD 3870x2
3 Samsung 226BW 22"
TH2G Digital Ed.

Catalyst Drivers 9.7
Powerdesk 2.05
Latest TH2G firmware

I installed the drivers/software in the order listed above.
Only one of the screens showed an OSD message, but it disappeared after a while. Looks like there are variabilities in my 3 screens, maybe I got a mix of panels. But overall it works.

Just thought I would like to share. Hope it helps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6