Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 05:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Fallout 3
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 10:43 

Hey, can you please tell me where the repair service offset xml is to go?
Cheers

Extrct the archieve of the mod and look thru all folders overwriting the file with the same name.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 17:24 

In case it helps anyone else out, played around with the below settings and am now happy with the following with SoftTH at 4320x900. This gives me the HUD and most menus on the center screen, PipBoy large enough to easily read, and Terminals reduced enough to be able to click on the Power button.

Thanks to all the above that provided the locations and values to tweak.

I didn't think I would play this game that much, but last few days been playing alot, so probably will finish the game after all. Its not as exciting as Dead Space, but it does have some cool weapons, mini-nukes are my new favorite weapon!

%USERPROFILE%My DocumentsMy GamesFallout3

FALLOUT.INI
===========

fDefaultFOV=130.0000

fPipboy1stPersonFOV=55
fDefault1stPersonFOV=55.0000

iSafeZoneXWide=770
iSafeZoneYWide=15
iSafeZoneX=770
iSafeZoneY=15

fRenderedTerminalFOV=0.15

fRenderedTerminalZoom=55

FalloutPrefs.ini
================

iSize W=4320
iSize H=900

NOTE: Edit to match your resolution

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

16GB DDR4 | Win10 x64 | 3x27" Asus IPS @ 5760x1080 | Samsung 970 1TB NVMe

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 21:30 
Insiders
Insiders

I didn't think I would play this game that much, but last few days been playing alot, so probably will finish the game after all. Its not as exciting as Dead Space, but it does have some cool weapons, mini-nukes are my new favorite weapon!

You're nuts, not as exciting as Dead Space? That game is about exciting as knocking on wood. I got up to the first boss before I realized the rest of the game is just going to be the same walk down the corridor and shoot the zombies in the limbs (cause you know, apparently shooting off their head isnt enough).

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 21:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I am enjoying Dead Space but it is starting to get a tad repetitive! I'll be onto FC2 when I am back from Oz,.......or FO3 argh chices choices and by then L4D will be out as well :)

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 22:23 

Yeah I am enjoying Dead Space but it is starting to get a tad repetitive! I'll be onto FC2 when I am back from Oz,.......or FO3 argh chices choices and by then L4D will be out as well :)

You can put FC2 on the back-burner with no real loss...get on to FO3 :)

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 01:33 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Yeah I am enjoying Dead Space but it is starting to get a tad repetitive! I'll be onto FC2 when I am back from Oz,.......or FO3 argh chices choices and by then L4D will be out as well :)

You can put FC2 on the back-burner with no real loss...get on to FO3 :)

Gotta agree on FC2. At first I was pretty hot on it... but it has gotten quite repetitive. Eurogamer had an interesting point on that in their review. He mentioned once he started approaching encounters differently (i.e. using the terrain/fire/explosives) to kill people in unexpected ways, the game got much more fun.

There is some truth to that... but still... not yet sure on a final verdict.

I starting FO3 last night and might stay with it a bit....

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 03:26 
Insiders
Insiders

Ok... I *think* I may have come across the answer to our font problems.

I found a program called Oblivion Font Generator which allows you to take standard TrueType fonts in Windows and export them as FallOut3 font files.

As an experiment, I created a font for use with the computer terminals and was able to hack without a problem.

Here are my results:

This font is an exported Franklin Gothic Medium at 20 point. I have not yet had a chance to see if it overflows on a terminal that has long story narration as I just left the Vault. :)

If you want to try it, here is a link to the font I used:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?md4uzmmkjim

Extract the two files into your main Fallout3 folder (you'll have to create texturesfonts under the Data directory):

c:Program FilesFallout3Datatexturesfonts

Then, in your Fallout.ini file, change:

bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to:

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

and change the font line to:

sFontFile_5=TexturesFontsFranklinMedium_20.fnt

The terminal font is now switched to the new one.

Here is the program to export new fonts:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gzcenl4mmqz

Make sure you set the Version dropdown box to Ascent Metric.

Remember.... you can't edit FO3 fonts with this program.... but you can CREATE new ones from whatever fonts are on your computer.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Wazoo

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 04:36 

[quote]

You're nuts, not as exciting as Dead Space? That game is about exciting as knocking on wood. I got up to the first boss before I realized the rest of the game is just going to be the same walk down the corridor and shoot the zombies in the limbs (cause you know, apparently shooting off their head isnt enough).

I have played enough of both games to find things I like about both. I have yet to jump back in my seat furiously pawing at the keyboard in vain as a creature impales my now limp form and then rends me in half in Fallout 3 like happened many a time in Dead Space.

I can guarantee that I will play thru Dead Space again from scratch trying different weapons next time. I highly doubt I will play Fallout 3 again, too many long sequences of trying to figure out where to go next, too much time shuffling inventory, searching boxes, and repairing weapons.

I also like how in Dead Space the game continues on when you are in inventory, unlike the unrealistic pause of PipBoy and the VATS combat.

Gamespot gave both games a 9.0, both games are worth playing.
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&platform=5

Of course all of the above is: in my humble opinion.

Core i7-8086K @ 5.0 Ghz | H60 | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB | Soundblaster Z | Asus Z370-A

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 04:45 

I have played enough of both games to find things I like about both. I have yet to jump back in my seat furiously pawing at the keyboard in vain as a creature impales my now limp form and then rends me in half in Fallout 3 like happened many a time in Dead Space.

I can guarantee that I will play thru Dead Space again from scratch trying different weapons next time. I highly doubt I will play Fallout 3 again, too many long sequences of trying to figure out where to go next, too much time shuffling inventory, searching boxes, and repairing weapons.

I also like how in Dead Space the game continues on when you are in inventory, unlike the unrealistic pause of PipBoy and the VATS combat.

The reason Fallout 3 pauses during VATS is more of an homage to the original games than anything, and the PipBoy thing just makes sense.

With more weapons than you can actively assign hotkeys to, aid systems, radiation, and the massive scale of the PipBoy in general, it makes no sense to keep the game running while you're fumbling with the interface, especially since the in-game time actually affects what you can do.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 04:56 

[quote]I have played enough of both games to find things I like about both. I have yet to jump back in my seat furiously pawing at the keyboard in vain as a creature impales my now limp form and then rends me in half in Fallout 3 like happened many a time in Dead Space.

The reason Fallout 3 pauses during VATS is more of an homage to the original games than anything, and the PipBoy thing just makes sense.

With more weapons than you can actively assign hotkeys to, aid systems, radiation, and the massive scale of the PipBoy in general, it makes no sense to keep the game running while you're fumbling with the interface, especially since the in-game time actually affects what you can do.

Hmm, you know, I think they game would be much more intense and fun if action continued during PipBoy, would prevent switching weapons and using Aid in the middle of a fight. VATS needs to pause but it does break the action, though the different view animations of the VATS combat never gets old, Ghoul skull corner pocket!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next