Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 02:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2011, 19:47 
Insiders
Insiders

Doubt they'll support the old once the new is out. This is EA, don't forget.

Not true both 2 and 2142 got patches after BC2 was out, giving new maps, widescreen support and free access to all the map packs. It is a good fan deal.. it took time (only one guy working on the 2142 ptach) but it happened. However on e would hope we get a patch before BF3 is out for sure!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 20:56 
Insiders
Insiders

For whatever reason, BC2 is now unplayable with the CTDs coming more than once a round. Sooo annoying, especially in the the Vietnam extension (which I don't really like) works fine. Proving it sis some stupid little bug :evil:

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2011, 23:31 

For whatever reason, BC2 is now unplayable with the CTDs coming more than once a round. Sooo annoying, especially in the the Vietnam extension (which I don't really like) works fine. Proving it sis some stupid little bug :evil:

Yeah, the CTD's are so common that it's impossible to play. I CTD every 1-2 rounds. This is completely unplayable. What really makes me angry is apparently this fix has been in beta for a few months, and STILL hasn't been released. Are you kidding me? I know they're focused on BF3, but the game is completely unplayable in surround/eyefinity. Just push out the fix already, I'm tired of playing on 1 monitor. How long does their QA process take, jesus.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2011, 22:16 
Editors
Editors

I was getting Surround CTDs every couple of minutes online in BC2. I ended up just playing on a single monitor. :(

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 08:23 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm going to e-mail the dev that gave me this beta client and ask wtf is taking so long.. last communication it seemed that r11 was almost ready, but that was literally 2 months ago! I feel bad that I'm sitting here playing un surround with no CTD's and am unable to share it. :doh

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 08:30 
Insiders
Insiders

Just share it, we won't tell! ;)

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 21:52 

leak it. the crashes are killing me.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2011, 17:56 

I'm going to e-mail the dev that gave me this beta client and ask wtf is taking so long.. last communication it seemed that r11 was almost ready, but that was literally 2 months ago! I feel bad that I'm sitting here playing un surround with no CTD's and am unable to share it. :doh

did he get back to u?

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2011, 11:57 
Insiders
Insiders

leeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkk iiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt!

please

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 09:21 

I have been using this build/exe since end of november. I can confirm it does indeed solve the CTD issues. The problem is caused by a frame buffer size problem. I still get the odd end of round crash but anyone can get that. Server side problem.

Again I am able to play at 6050x1080 4 x AA 16 x AF with HBAO on if I want. I prefer it off but I can use it. I can back up what has been said. Dice really does care about the people paying hard-earned money to play their games. EA is another matter.....

If this goes into the next build get ready to smile when you are playing. The game does look great at full tilt. As for distributing the file it is a BIG NO NO. All the files are given out to named people who dice have details for. So it would not take long for them to a. find who let it out. b. not let the community help in this way again.

All I can say when I first got it I had to play on un-ranked servers :shock: I can see where all the hackers test their hacks out is all I can say. Apart from me and a few others everyone had silly scores. It took them a few days to get EB to add it to the safe list.

cheers

John

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next