Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 07:38 

HaYDeN wrote:
Here is the current state for Surround:
[edit]
Released

If you wish to try it, I would strongly recommend you return any modified UI flash files back to their defaults, and any INI edits relating to the HUD to default initially.

About 64 lines of new JIT assembly being injected by the patch, which is more than Skyrim required.
[/edit]

Hayden, appreciate your work on it. Hit one issue. Using it while playing with an Xbox controller, the map never gets a cursor. Can zoom in and out but without a cursor you cannot select locations for fast travel, and scrolling the map doesn't work much except for scrolling left.

Surround, 5760x1200, removed .ini changes and had Steam revalidate cache.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 10:30 
Insiders
Insiders

GregR wrote:
HaYDeN wrote:
Here is the current state for Surround:
[edit]
Released

If you wish to try it, I would strongly recommend you return any modified UI flash files back to their defaults, and any INI edits relating to the HUD to default initially.

About 64 lines of new JIT assembly being injected by the patch, which is more than Skyrim required.
[/edit]

Hayden, appreciate your work on it. Hit one issue. Using it while playing with an Xbox controller, the map never gets a cursor. Can zoom in and out but without a cursor you cannot select locations for fast travel, and scrolling the map doesn't work much except for scrolling left.

Surround, 5760x1200, removed .ini changes and had Steam revalidate cache.

Right click the plugin in FWS and goto "Reinstall plugin" and report back.

Do not enable gamepad mode while using the keyboard or it will cause issues, they operate differently.

Who knows if the new change breaks anything else or if anything else is broken, it's not the kind of game I'd play with a gamepad.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 15:22 

Hayden,
Thanks for all your work! I am going to Create a PP account in a little and Thank you more substantially. I am having small leftover issues. The Text that displays on loading screens is missing as well as popup messages like when you exit out of Workshop and get the informative messages about how to return to workshop using the shortcut. It seems like something is trying to display as i get a ghost of the background sometimes. I also dont see my HP/AP like I should.
nVidia surround 16:9
Windows 10
no extra controllers
I am launching the game using the alpha of ModOrganizer but dont think its having any side effect from that. Your program/plugins have always played nice with ModOrganizer. I only mention it because it also touches the exe at runtime to inject the VFS and he is re-writing in 64 bit.

EDIT: Just to test and make sure that it wasn't an issue I did a pure Steam launch so that no plugins would load and no ModOrganizer. the mentioned items above were still missing. Any idea's? I will be happy to test solutions for you since I am the one asking. :cheers:

Robert

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 16:10 
Insiders
Insiders

rdunlap wrote:
Hayden,
Thanks for all your work! I am going to Create a PP account in a little and Thank you more substantially. I am having small leftover issues. The Text that displays on loading screens is missing as well as popup messages like when you exit out of Workshop and get the informative messages about how to return to workshop using the shortcut. It seems like something is trying to display as i get a ghost of the background sometimes. I also dont see my HP/AP like I should.
Windows 10
no extra controllers
I am launching the game using the alpha of ModOrganizer but dont think its having any side effect from that. Your program/plugins have always played nice with ModOrganizer. I only mention it because it also touches the exe at runtime to inject the VFS and he is re-writing in 64 bit.

EDIT: Just to test and make sure that it wasn't an issue I did a pure Steam launch so that no plugins would load and no ModOrganizer. the mentioned items above were still missing. Any idea's? I will be happy to test solutions for you since I am the one asking. :cheers:

Robert

I've only ever seen that happen when the displays are detected incorrectly - what does FWS report as your detected resolution and break down of displays on main status page.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 16:13 

rdunlap wrote:
Hayden,
Windows 10
no extra controllers

Robert

Okay,
I am reduced to quoting myself. <sigh> I should learn to take my own advice. Guys Hayden TOLD us to get rid of the ini tweaks we were using with the ba2 fix and I thought I had. I was poking around trying to see if I had any left over and just decided to delete them and let the launcher re-create them. Now Hayden's fix is solid and nothing is out of place.

Hayden would it help you if I sent you the old Ini files *(i have them in a zip) so you can locate the setting(s) that are incompatible? its apparent that at least one settings change is incompatible.

EDIT2: Its the interface safe zone changes that are messing up the text pop in boxes. I added the ini tweaks one at a time to find the issue. The safezone changes absolutely kill the fix on the pop in boxes and the HP/Ammo display. So! If I had did it correct to start with then I would not have had that issue. 8-)

Robert

Last edited by rdunlap on 25 Dec 2015, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 16:16 

HaYDeN wrote:
rdunlap wrote:
Hayden,
Windows 10
no extra controllers

Robert

I've only ever seen that happen when the displays are detected incorrectly - what does FWS report as your detected resolution and break down of displays on main status page.

It is getting my displays and the layout information correct. See my other post for the real issue. NB: there are errors reporting on the status page about failure to write to process memory. 5 different errors. Can i grab a log file and send to you? or is this expected. on the skyrim fix I never see any error messages.

Robert

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 16:50 
Insiders
Insiders

rdunlap wrote:
It is getting my displays and the layout information correct. See my other post for the real issue. NB: there are errors reporting on the status page about failure to write to process memory. 5 different errors. Can i grab a log file and send to you? or is this expected. on the skyrim fix I never see any error messages.
Robert

It may report some errors at startup if it tries to start writing too quickly or your pc is loading it slowly, ie it's on a HDD instead of a SSD, it has to be aggressive because it needs to modify something that Fallout loads within 200ms of it starting, it may begin (attempting) to write to the process before it's fully loaded into memory.

Basically you can ignore it, generally...

rdunlap wrote:
EDIT2: Its the interface safe zone changes that are messing up the text pop in boxes. I added the ini tweaks one at a time to find the issue. The safezone changes absolutely kill the fix on the pop in boxes and the HP/Ammo display. So! If I had did it correct to start with then I would not have had that issue. 8-)
Robert

Yes, the safezone values when the fix is applied are from the extremes of the new HUD width, (ie 1920 instead of 5760) which would effectively push them off screen.

There's still some stuff that's broken such as the markers not lining up, the compass markers in the power armor and the workshop icons.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 16:57 

HaYDeN wrote:
rdunlap wrote:
Robert

It may report some errors at startup if it tries to start writing too quickly or your pc is loading it slowly, ie it's on a HDD instead of a SSD, it has to be aggressive because it needs to modify something that Fallout loads within 200ms of it starting, it may begin (attempting) to write to the process before it's fully loaded into memory.

Basically you can ignore it, generally...

rdunlap wrote:
Robert

Yes, the safezone values when the fix is applied are from the extremes of the new HUD width, (ie 1920 instead of 5760) which would effectively push them off screen.

There's still some stuff that's broken such as the markers not lining up, the compass markers in the power armor and the workshop icons.

:) as is usually the case if end user followed directions then it would not happen. That was precisely what was happening because the ghosts I was seeing were on the left and right monitors not the center where you place all the nice Interface fixes. GREAT WORK sir. as I said earlier I am going to Donate to keep you going on stuff like this. You have been behind the scenes providing us with a Flawless Widescreen experience for a long time.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Robert

EDIT: I moved the Flawless folder to my SSD with the Steam Folders and the errors disapeared except for 1 but everything works great so I am NOT concerned. 64 bit stuff is as funky as a Friday night funhouse

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 17:07 
Insiders
Insiders

I have not tried the nexus mod fix, the real question is my fix adding any real value? or do you lose more than you gain (ie markers)

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2015, 17:18 

HaYDeN wrote:
I have not tried the nexus mod fix, the real question is my fix adding any real value? or do you lose more than you gain (ie markers)

I personally dont think I am losing out. What markers are supposed to be missing?? If you are talking about PA HUD stuff the PA is not useful when you are seeking good markers in widescreen. If I am hunting around via markers to find something I just leave the PA at the base and go armor up and hit the road. No fix I have tried made that any better. You are solid and do not add any overhead to the game like a mod does. The Nexus one was not stable enough for me. I would get random parts not showing or just showing wrong. I figured it was just the game engine not playing nice. That is what makes your approach preferable really. In Skyrim or Fallout. You get in place with new values without the engine knowing or caring about it. Other approaches leave the engine open to mess with them when it is feeling grumpy. *(often grumpy) You are the ONLY widescreen fix that puts my console on the main display only. All other fixes I have tested *(being a widescreen gamer since morrowind I try every fix and compare for the one I like most) leave the console stretched across the entire display RECT. That can be worked with but I prefer to have my Interface remain on the main panel as if I had only that one and allow the satellites to be peripheral display only.

Robert

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 77  Next