Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 10:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Fallout 3
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 09:40 
Editors
Editors

Hey Wazoo ... great stuff ...
Ok... I *think* I may have come across the answer to our font problems ........
That is really cool ... can't wait to try it out.
I'm so busy right now it might take me a few days to get to it but hey-ho ... :D

Thanks bud !

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 10:46 
Insiders
Insiders

I have played enough of both games to find things I like about both. I have yet to jump back in my seat furiously pawing at the keyboard in vain as a creature impales my now limp form and then rends me in half in Fallout 3 like happened many a time in Dead Space.

Maybe you should try fighting some Death Claws before you max out your gear, I guarantee some pain there :). I was sniping them from almost maximum range and they were still able to run up to me and kill me before I could kill them :P.

The ownage in close-quarters need not be mentioned.

On the bright side, there's so many weapons in Fallout 3 and so many more ways of killing enemies.. in Dead Space it's just cut off limbs and then some more.

Ok... I *think* I may have come across the answer to our font problems.

I found a program called Oblivion Font Generator which allows you to take standard TrueType fonts in Windows and export them as FallOut3 font files.

As an experiment, I created a font for use with the computer terminals and was able to hack without a problem.

But the real problem is when you highlight the password in the computer terminal, it appears not over the text, but somewhere off to the side (after changing the terminal font as suggested on page 2), so to click on the password you have to hunt near the text rather than hovering over the text itself.

So basically we'd need that to be fixed as a higher priority, since the font itself is decent as stated on page 2 (although granted it could be a lot sharper).

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 17:49 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Ok... I *think* I may have come across the answer to our font problems.

I found a program called Oblivion Font Generator which allows you to take standard TrueType fonts in Windows and export them as FallOut3 font files.

As an experiment, I created a font for use with the computer terminals and was able to hack without a problem.

But the real problem is when you highlight the password in the computer terminal, it appears not over the text, but somewhere off to the side (after changing the terminal font as suggested on page 2), so to click on the password you have to hunt near the text rather than hovering over the text itself.

So basically we'd need that to be fixed as a higher priority, since the font itself is decent as stated on page 2 (although granted it could be a lot sharper).

Ah... I see what you are saying. Having only played it in 3840x1024 I was unaware of the issue of the text highlighting. *My* problem was legibility and the text not fitting on the screen. With this font, I'm able to get all the text on the screen and work the hacking without a problem; albiet the words highlight a character or two off the mark.

So far, however, I'm not getting any text overflow issues.... but maybe I have just not hit a long enough narrative.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 21:39 

I realy appreciate all the work you guys are putting in to make this game work. It is a great game and I hope you can make it playable on th2go soon.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 21:58 
Insiders
Insiders

Ah... I see what you are saying. Having only played it in 3840x1024 I was unaware of the issue of the text highlighting. *My* problem was legibility and the text not fitting on the screen. With this font, I'm able to get all the text on the screen and work the hacking without a problem; albiet the words highlight a character or two off the mark.

So far, however, I'm not getting any text overflow issues.... but maybe I have just not hit a long enough narrative.

With a small enough font there won't be any text overflow (that was already fixed by using the Glow_Medium font as directed on page 2), but simply the text will be offset. If you have found a font which results in a much smaller text offset and also looks sharper, that would be great.

Also, don't suppose you looked at the Pipboy font? The one Glow_Medium one would spread the text like RAD, COND, WGT, to 2 lines and it just looked annoying.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 01:06 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]

With a small enough font there won't be any text overflow (that was already fixed by using the Glow_Medium font as directed on page 2), but simply the text will be offset. If you have found a font which results in a much smaller text offset and also looks sharper, that would be great.

Also, don't suppose you looked at the Pipboy font? The one Glow_Medium one would spread the text like RAD, COND, WGT, to 2 lines and it just looked annoying.

If you are talking about text offset in hacking, I personally like the one I uploaded early. I find it more readable than the others and the offset is only a character or two.

I have not messed with the Pip-boy as I find it works for me with Monofonto_Large.

Try that Font Generator. It is crazy easy to use, and I'm sure you'll be able to make one that fits your needs pretty easily.

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 02:03 

I HATE THIS GAME,

It keeps crashing to desktop!!!!

i've tried everything even the skultura fix wich took 3 hours lol!

mother f@#$@$

gonna try on my vista os then i'm gonna flame hard on the official forums ><

Post subject: Try Windowed Mode
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 10:58 

I HATE THIS GAME,

It keeps crashing to desktop!!!!

i've tried everything even the skultura fix wich took 3 hours lol!

mother f@#$@$

gonna try on my vista os then i'm gonna flame hard on the official forums ><

Use windowed mode, with MaximizeWindows you have no top bar, looking similar to fullscreen, and have better framerate and less freezes than in fullscreen.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2008, 13:32 

Dont think this was mentioned yet, but you can change the game FOV by enabling the console and simply typing (in the console):

FOV xx
xx being a number. 75 is default, lower it to correct side screen skewing. Gives a very zoomed in view if you completely correct skew which is rather vomit inducing.

Currently you have to do this ingame each session as it is not reading from the INI files.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2008, 02:47 

Anyone else having issues with VATS slowing to a crawl/not working at all at random points? I made all the fixes mentioned in this thread, but nobody has mentioned anything about the VATS issue I'm having.

I didn't have the issue running the game on a single screen, but when running it on all 3 monitors, sometimes VATS will work and other times it will slow down, not highlight any body parts and basically lock up the game, only thing is is that I can still press ESC and quit the game with no issue.

I dunno what the problem is, but if anyone has any idea as to what might be going on, any help is appreciated.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next