Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 10:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 2
PostPosted: 19 May 2010, 08:04 
I Donated
I Donated

It has been some time since this game was reviewed in wide-screen support, and I know Eyefinity was not working correctly.

Can someone please tell me if there has been any updates regarding proper Eyefinity support? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 19 May 2010, 11:31 

It has been some time since this game was reviewed in wide-screen support, and I know Eyefinity was not working correctly.

Can someone please tell me if there has been any updates regarding proper Eyefinity support? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

No new changes (atleast official), there is only one patch out and it does solve anything in that area.
Also they said they had no plans to implement support for it, although it "may" be considered at a later time (or something like that)

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 13:22 

You would have thought it would be implemented as ATI has it on one of their load screen when you install the latest drivers! Well at least if they do implement it at a later stage it will be cheap

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2010, 17:42 

I hate to break it to you, but I doubt they will evre add Eyefinity support for ME2. There were a few threads on the Bioware forums about Eyefinity for ME2 months ago and the official response was that they weren't going to add it anytime. You can read the official response here at the end of the thread:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069/1

Basically to me it sounds like "we're too lazy to add Eyefinity support" or "we really don't care about adding Eyefinity support". Pretty disappointing and it was not long after that official posting and the closing of the Eyefinity threads that I uninstalled ME2. Maybe someday if I am really bored I'll reinstall it and finish it, but that decision was a real disappointing move from Bioware. Strange that they bothered to add Eyefinity support for Dragon Age, but won't bother to do it for Mass Effect 2.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2010, 13:32 

I hate to break it to you, but I doubt they will evre add Eyefinity support for ME2. There were a few threads on the Bioware forums about Eyefinity for ME2 months ago and the official response was that they weren't going to add it anytime. You can read the official response here at the end of the thread:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069/1

Basically to me it sounds like "we're too lazy to add Eyefinity support" or "we really don't care about adding Eyefinity support". Pretty disappointing and it was not long after that official posting and the closing of the Eyefinity threads that I uninstalled ME2. Maybe someday if I am really bored I'll reinstall it and finish it, but that decision was a real disappointing move from Bioware. Strange that they bothered to add Eyefinity support for Dragon Age, but won't bother to do it for Mass Effect 2.

Well Dragon Age and Mass Effect use different game engines. Dragon Age doesn't really 100% work anyway, due to the annoyances i always play it single screen.
They have mentioned money a few times so i'd be more inclined to think that they have not been given enough funds to finish this off, or time allocated.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 19:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Can't believe they never released an EF patch for this game, I was considering playing it this weekend (I know, I know.. I was waiting for EF support this whole time) but they still don't have it? Too bad I already had this game gifted to me on Steam or I'd return it. Waste of money.

Like it's so hard to add extra FOV support? Lazy lazy.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2010, 22:07 

Can't believe they never released an EF patch for this game, I was considering playing it this weekend (I know, I know.. I was waiting for EF support this whole time) but they still don't have it? Too bad I already had this game gifted to me on Steam or I'd return it. Waste of money.

check this post, i havent tried this myself yet :

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18199&start=135

Post subject: atf300
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 00:05 

[quote]Can't believe they never released an EF patch for this game, I was considering playing it this weekend (I know, I know.. I was waiting for EF support this whole time) but they still don't have it? Too bad I already had this game gifted to me on Steam or I'd return it. Waste of money.

check this post, i havent tried this myself yet :

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18199&start=135
That link gives me a "No input file specified" message.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 04:43 

That link is from more than a year ago and the website has undergone a few changes since then. HaYDeN is working on a proper fix (he has some screenshots somewhere around here), but in the meantime you can try these workarounds. These won't fix the menus, unfortunately.

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 03:55 

Yeah, I realized the link was old after looking at other links. I'd forgotten the forums changed. Thanks for the real ones!

Wow, if HaYDeN's doing something I'd rather wait then since I'm in no hurry. Is there another thread I should go to for that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7