Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 09:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 08:15 
Insiders
Insiders

i cant find falloutprefs.ini .........

It's generated after your initial launcher start and will be located in DocumentsMy GamesFalloutNV

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 11:04 
Administrators
Administrators

Far out, I love this forum. You guys rock, these tips are gold.

My biggest complaint is that the mouse sensitivity change from the game to the speech interaction is frustrating. It feels super heavy in game and ultra fast in the speech/similar menus.

The pip-boy is hard to read but ok, the computer terminals are very difficult to read. Readable enough to crack them but too hard to read the storylines.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 17:35 
Insiders
Insiders

what value do you use for viewing the computer terminals? Jsut easier than hit-and-miss.

Fun game, though. I really liek the addition of being able to mod stuff, and to cook up goodies a-la Oblivion. But again, SO easy to get distacted. Last i played the.

My framerate is fine, but when I'm near a ibiulding clsuter i get soem bad stuttering, even though my PFS is still fairly high... it's pretty hard on the eyes.

I've also noticed that when i get some info overlays, they're spread across all three screesn - woudl be fine if my bezel wasn;t cutting them off.. nothign important missed YET, but it's still a little annoying.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 21:25 
Administrators
Administrators

what value do you use for viewing the computer terminals? Jsut easier than hit-and-miss.

I just did the fdefaultFOV = 180.000 on both the prefs files in the My Games part and the steamapps part. It's good enough to read them for cracking passwords but difficult for reading larger quantities of text.

But again, SO easy to get distacted. Last i played the.

Rofl, did you get distracted from finishing your sentence?

I've also noticed that when i get some info overlays, they're spread across all three screesn - woudl be fine if my bezel wasn;t cutting them off.. nothign important missed YET, but it's still a little annoying.

The direction marker on the left of the HUD would be right in a bezel cut off, so I switch to a non-bezel compensated screen resolution before firing up the game in order to see everything.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 01:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Hahah i guess i did get distracted while typing that sentence. I got teh terminals to work, still fuzzy text, but changing the terminalFOV value from .15 to .30 did the trick. Perhaps further twaking will give me better text.. i dunno. But now i can at elast hit teh exit button so the terminal doesn;t get locked.

Oh, my binocular and lockpick views are pretty small. Anyone else get this? Is it jsut a result of the huge FOV? But again, thsoe views still work, so i'll suffer with it if i have to. And i have the boxed version.

Still lame that even after two updates, there's no noticable progress on multi-mon problems. Pricks.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 02:42 

These morons can barely get their game working for regular PC users, not to mention the console issues - and this is all on an ancient engine that they've done absolutely nothing to upgrade. How pathetic.

FO3 looks amazing in Surround, but I think I'll wait before I buy this one. I just don't want to reward Obsidian with retail price purchase.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 02:44 

Got this working on my Eyefinity setup to the point where it is playable and enjoyable. The text on the Pipboy and the computer terminals is blurry, much more so on the computer terminals but not enough to the point where I can't hack them, it is just extra challenging hehe. The only thing that is really bugging me still is that everytime I transition from an area to another I get a black box that quickly appears and disappears on the center screen. Sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds for the black box to go away and sometimes it appears and disappears in less than a second. It is not game breaking, but it takes longer to go away when I enter a building or area with enemies right in the immediate area which can be a pain when combat starts right away. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this on a whim?

This happens for me in FO3, so it must be an engine issue for sure.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 06:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Does anyone else have the problem where if you enter VATS its slows down majorly. I have a spanking new puter that handles it at ultra. But when I hit VATS its slows down. I'll try and play with the AA (which is at 4 btw) but I shouldn't really have to down my settings. If I recall I think I had the same issues with F3. Running at 5760x1080. cheers

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 08:08 
Administrators
Administrators

Does anyone else have the problem where if you enter VATS its slows down majorly. I have a spanking new puter that handles it at ultra. But when I hit VATS its slows down. I'll try and play with the AA (which is at 4 btw) but I shouldn't really have to down my settings. If I recall I think I had the same issues with F3. Running at 5760x1080. cheers

Well, the 'fight' slows down to the point of pausing while you're in VATS and decide what to do, but I assume you know this of course and you're talking about some other slow down, which I don't seem to suffer from? I don't have any unintended slow down.

If I could just get the terminals to be a little more clear, I'd be happy with what I have, even though the Direction Marker is halfway across a bezel.

Might play with some settings tonight.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 08:22 
Insiders
Insiders

The stalling VATS thing was a problem in Fallout 3 as well.. I cun't remember what the fix was, but it should be easy to find. Many of the tips from the tweakguides.com guide still apply to New Vegas. I too, had the problem when i first install, but then it seemed to go away by itself. Could've been the patches...

And I inadvertently fudged the lockpicking and hacking views, and found that the hacing text was pretty easy to read if the terminal FOV is very small. I'm talking 1/3 the height of the monitor small.. the lockpicking view is still quite small.. but, it works.

6 hours of playtime in and I've only explored the area from Goodsprings and to the south-west. Neat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next