Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 04:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2015, 03:37 

rdunlap wrote:
hmmmm
Diamond Can you post up a little about your system and config? Hard to tell at this point. I assume The game is starting fine its not applying the fixes. On another level if you are comfortable in the INI settings I would suggest make a backup of the ini files *(all 3) and delete them. Start the game normally. Let it detect your settings and create its default INI. Close launcher without starting game and go in and add your custom resolution. ONLY your custom resolution, then start Flawless with the Fallout tab open leave it on and start game normally. If its INI related this will set you up to play! If not we will try to think it out.

Robert

my system specs is in my tag below. I have done everything talked about here, even as far as re-installing game to make sure everything was clean. I always get same results.

I also use the INI.esp mod some one made, so I just have to disable the mod, then touch the ini files.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2015, 04:16 

I suppose its possible the memory spaces are aligning differently. I dont know enough abut how HaYDeN works his magic to say of win 7 may be the cause. If you have cleared the ini edits and verified that you have the right game files then you may want to PM HaYDeN with your issue or just give him a little and he should see it here. He is in and out quite a bit.

Robert

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 01:16 

I got the Flawless Widescreen working, but for some reason it refused to detect my Eyefinity setup. It thought I only had 1x1080p display, so the UI in FO4 was completely unusuable and on the far left display. I overrode detection and now it works great. Just putting here in case someone else runs into it...I spent a lot of time trying to "reset" my config to undo all the old fixes when none of that was the issue.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 01:27 

I wonder why it didn't see the Eyefinity setup? My NVSurround detected correctly. Have you used the Flawless widescreen fix for Skyrim? If so did that one detect? Heck it may be the barrage of drivers updates that came out just after FO4, one of them may not be playing nice. I haven't been able to use Bezel correction since FO4 released due to weird stuff. I am almost ready to try again now that Flawless is working solidly for me. Before this no matter what I did my cross-hairs and stuff wouldn't line up with the actual aim point.

Robert

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 16:54 

No idea. This is my first time using Flawless Widescreen, as this game was the first I ran into that I'd consider "unplayable" without significant tweaks. Other games just don't place the UI elements in the middle...this one found a brand new way to be terrible!

AMD just put out a new series of drivers, so maybe the detection relied on something in the old set/app.

There is a small issue still, which is that quest markers aren't quite right. Just takes a bit to get used to.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 19:45 

rdunlap wrote:
hmmmm
Diamond Can you post up a little about your system and config? Hard to tell at this point. I assume The game is starting fine its not applying the fixes. On another level if you are comfortable in the INI settings I would suggest make a backup of the ini files *(all 3) and delete them. Start the game normally. Let it detect your settings and create its default INI. Close launcher without starting game and go in and add your custom resolution. ONLY your custom resolution, then start Flawless with the Fallout tab open leave it on and start game normally. If its INI related this will set you up to play! If not we will try to think it out.

Robert

FWS isn't working for me, either. Can you be more specific as to what the three .ini files are called, and their locations? I only see two .ini files in my My Games>Fallout4 folder. And in which .ini do I enter the custom resolution you mentioned? I don't see any lines I can change relative to the resolution set in the launcher.

I have also tried Daisuke's widescreen fix instructions on the Nexusmods site without success.

I am running Win 7 64 and have a GTX980 Ti going to three 1920 x 1200 monitors. Attempting to run at 5760 x 1200.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the proper line in Fallout4Prefs.ini and got it to launch properly, more or less. However, unless I'm wrong, it appears that currently FWS is only useful for 16:9 monitor setups, because with my 16:10 monitors the "center" monitor is shifted about 1/5 of a frame to the right. Is there a workaround for this?

Last edited by morty343 on 30 Dec 2015, 21:36, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 21:21 

In the fallout folder where the game exe is there is another folder called Fallout4 and inside it is another one "Fallout4Prefs.ini one of the issues I had when I installed HaYDeN's fix was a setting in that file that was added for adjusting the layouts. I am relatively sure that the game don't use that file directly. It uses it to create the one in the Games folder. The setting in it was causing the game to create a prefs ini that had a bad setting.

I just backed all 3 up into a zip and deleted them and let fallout recreate vanilla files and changed my resolution. This worked great for me.

The quest markers I usually don't have turned on and wasn't aware that they were skewed, but just turned them on and yes they are somewhat skewed. If memory serves the skyrim fix did that the once or twice i had them on, Just not as badly. I love the new 64 bit engine but it's brought its own set of issues for people to learn and fix. :|

Robert

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 21:37 

Thanks, please see my edit above...

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 21:51 

Are you using Bezel correction? In my current setup I cant use Bezel correction or i get an off center crosshair. He put in the description block in the plugin that it was designed for 16:9 but I am pretty sure that's because the Game layout was designed around 16:9. Let me dig up my notes, one of the ini settings will shift the display center. This may cause a strip to the side that's blank or that is black. I have had both before I gave up and switched to no Bezel correction. Its a failure in the NVidea drivers or the engine one. Just no way to be certain at this point.

If i do find the ini settings notes I will PM them to you. These settings I am describing are precisely the ones HaYDeN warns about in his plugin. They can make text popups disappear and all kinds of stuff while running his plugin.

EDIT: One small piece of information. A friend of mine runs AMD and said to ask if you had tried borderless windowed. Basically he said whichever you were running try the other as it seems as if some rigs want one and others want the other. If its like NV then that changes performance some but I don't have a lot of info on it.

Robert

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2015, 23:01 

Thanks again,

I'm not attempting bezel correction, as I suspected that would introduce additional headaches. Just wanting it to run in 3x mode...

Just tried all frame options: fullscreen, windowed borderless, and windowed. Issue occurs in all cases...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 77  Next