Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 10:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009, 17:55 

Usually it is not a problem untill the main character gets sliced in half in some games with a close camera angle such as Dead Space for instance.
The best solution for me was what SoftTH pulled off...the matrox one was kinda cheap and clumsy.

I did it in a other way. I choose a lower rez in the game then on windows desktop, and then i just made adjustments on the side monitors. the monitors remember those settngs for every resolution.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2009, 20:30 

unforunately this does not work, only for this game. other UE3 games work when done this way.

i think gearbox intentionally protected this editing since there is a competitive edge with higher fov (debateble)

Nah, this game is primarily single player and co-op multiplayer. PvP is something hardly anyone bothers with. There is no "competitive edge" in a co-op game. All the humans are on the same team.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 07:25 

First back up "WillowInput.ini".

Then put this in "WillowInput.ini":

for th2go:

"Bindings=(Name="H",Command="advancedbutton bContextUse | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="D",Command="StrafeLeft | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="G",Command="StrafeRight | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="N",Command="advancedbutton bGrenade | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Logs | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="A",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux1 | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="M",Command="ShowMap | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="I",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Inventory | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="B",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux6 | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 120",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

this work very well if you just dont touch the strafe keys when sprinting.
IT is hard though to drive vehichles in that wide format. but that isnt related to the acctual FOV.

"edit"( when sprinting in multiplayer, you only have to press the sprint key once and then release it as long you don't release the move forward key, and when sprinting (only holding down forward key), hit the strafe left key very shortly and then you have the same FOV as when not sprinting).

In multiplayer, its better to run on a single monitor because the fovsettings work differently in multiplayer. (it is playable with th2go, if you get used to a low FOV when sprinting and driving a car).

FOV bindingd for multiplayer games:

"Bindings=(Name="H",Command="advancedbutton bContextUse | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="D",Command="StrafeLeft | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="G",Command="StrafeRight | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="N",Command="advancedbutton bGrenade | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Logs | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="A",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux1 | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="M",Command="ShowMap | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="I",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Inventory | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Dont replace any old bindings, just add these directly after the previous last binding.

And before you copy this, remember that you have to edit my bindings to match your control layout.

after your done. write protect the file.

Forgot to explain my controls:

R: forward
F: backward
D: strafe left
G: strafe right
B: sprint
T: reload
H: use object
A: crouch
N: trow grenade

To clearyfie: when using bindings for th2go, when hitting strafe while sprinting will invert the screen when playing single player game. And in multiplayer game it will make the sprinting fov better.

Just tested this solution for UT3 and it didn't work.

OK i am a noob when it comes to editing INI files. Do i replace all the files with yours or do i just add yours? Please help

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 09:05 

[quote]First back up "WillowInput.ini".

Then put this in "WillowInput.ini":

for th2go:

"Bindings=(Name="H",Command="advancedbutton bContextUse | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="D",Command="StrafeLeft | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="G",Command="StrafeRight | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="N",Command="advancedbutton bGrenade | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Logs | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="A",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux1 | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="M",Command="ShowMap | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="I",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Inventory | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 142",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="B",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux6 | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 120",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

this work very well if you just dont touch the strafe keys when sprinting.
IT is hard though to drive vehichles in that wide format. but that isnt related to the acctual FOV.

"edit"( when sprinting in multiplayer, you only have to press the sprint key once and then release it as long you don't release the move forward key, and when sprinting (only holding down forward key), hit the strafe left key very shortly and then you have the same FOV as when not sprinting).

In multiplayer, its better to run on a single monitor because the fovsettings work differently in multiplayer. (it is playable with th2go, if you get used to a low FOV when sprinting and driving a car).

FOV bindingd for multiplayer games:

"Bindings=(Name="H",Command="advancedbutton bContextUse | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="D",Command="StrafeLeft | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="G",Command="StrafeRight | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="N",Command="advancedbutton bGrenade | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="L",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Logs | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="A",Command="advancedbutton bAdvancedButtonAux1 | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="M",Command="ShowMap | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="I",Command="ShowStatusMenu_Inventory | Axis aGas Speed=+1.0 | FOV 110",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,LeftTrigger=False,RightTrigger=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgno reShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Dont replace any old bindings, just add these directly after the previous last binding.

And before you copy this, remember that you have to edit my bindings to match your control layout.

after your done. write protect the file.

Forgot to explain my controls:

R: forward
F: backward
D: strafe left
G: strafe right
B: sprint
T: reload
H: use object
A: crouch
N: trow grenade

To clearyfie: when using bindings for th2go, when hitting strafe while sprinting will invert the screen when playing single player game. And in multiplayer game it will make the sprinting fov better.

Just tested this solution for UT3 and it didn't work.

OK i am a noob when it comes to editing INI files. Do i replace all the files with yours or do i just add yours? Please help

hello.
No, you should first backup your ini files just in case something goes wrong.
then you edit the ini files as shown.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 16:27 

A user over at the Gearbox forum made a tool to adjust FoV among other things.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 07:48 

Thanks for both replies. Edited my INI and works perfect. Thanks.
Will check out the tool also

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 16:44 

Well I messed with mine off and on and just don't like having to mess with it. I still have not got a good working solution.
When I do find something that looks ok the weapons are way off the screen. Menu's are off. I even tried using that tool from gearbox forum.

So I decided to just run on one monitor for now. It is way more enjoyable then having everything all zoomed in and backwards. Why don't all Dev's make this possible on all games. Why not release a patch to fix this. Why do some games support this native but others you have to tinker with for ever. Why do some games support your triple screen res I don't understand why it even shows up as an option if it is not capable of looking right.

Unless someone has a good working solution for everything including menus, health bar, ammo bar, mission, etc. I am trying to run 5760X1200 could you post what is working for you the best.

Or

Gearbox if anyone from Gearbox see's this could you please update this game to support multi monitor correctly.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 20:20 

So will this game ever get a proper fix to get triple wide working how it should?????

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2009, 08:06 

I see a add-on is out on this game, wonder if that includes wide-screen?

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 01:32 

Well it is now 4:30 I guess 9.12 driver isn't really releasing today hmmmmm.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8