Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 10:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 17:25 

Should try it with DarNified UI NV: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1128267-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-nv/

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 07:10 

I want to add that if you can get past the main nested menu issue, portrait eyefinity is about 90% playable. Once I had a save (I did it on one monitor in landscape), back to 3xportrait mode, I just click "Continue", then hit the down arrow once (even though I can't see my selection) and hit enter, which loads my last save. Once in the game, most things look fine. The health bars are slightly too close together so that they overlap somewhat with the enemy's health bar. Also the different body parts highlight sometimes overlap in VATS. Lastly, lock picking doesn't work as the bobby pin is stuck to the right most position.

Screenshots of the aforementioned problem in Portrait EF:

Notice the bobby pin is stuck to far right no matter where the cursor is:

Note the status bar overlap:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 12:35 

[quote]I want to add that if you can get past the main nested menu issue, portrait eyefinity is about 90% playable. Once I had a save (I did it on one monitor in landscape), back to 3xportrait mode, I just click "Continue", then hit the down arrow once (even though I can't see my selection) and hit enter, which loads my last save. Once in the game, most things look fine. The health bars are slightly too close together so that they overlap somewhat with the enemy's health bar. Also the different body parts highlight sometimes overlap in VATS. Lastly, lock picking doesn't work as the bobby pin is stuck to the right most position.

Thats what would happen to me when I set iSafeZoneX values too high, what are your iSafeZoneXWide and iSafeZoneX set to?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 15:30 

[quote][quote]I want to add that if you can get past the main nested menu issue, portrait eyefinity is about 90% playable. Once I had a save (I did it on one monitor in landscape), back to 3xportrait mode, I just click "Continue", then hit the down arrow once (even though I can't see my selection) and hit enter, which loads my last save. Once in the game, most things look fine. The health bars are slightly too close together so that they overlap somewhat with the enemy's health bar. Also the different body parts highlight sometimes overlap in VATS. Lastly, lock picking doesn't work as the bobby pin is stuck to the right most position.

Thats what would happen to me when I set iSafeZoneX values too high, what are your iSafeZoneXWide and iSafeZoneX set to?

Everything is stock, I've made no changes to the ini files. Any recommendations as to what values to try?

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 16:50 

Everything is stock, I've made no changes to the ini files. Any recommendations as to what values to try?

I'd try starting off in the 500 range, adjust in either direction to see what differences they make, then test to find the sweet spot.

Same goes for fDefaultFov to adjust the zoom on the picking, 180 is perfect for 5760 wide so I imagine for a portrait setup it will be less.

Wish I could test better for you, planning on getting some cheap stands so all my monitors can pivot one day. And if the changes do nothing see some of the previous posts for solutions.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 18:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Using 6048x1200, I use a value of 820, and it put the HUD about as close to the as default on a single screen. Though the alst time i fudged with teh .ini's is the first time it took effect... and now my lockpicking is large, but my terminals are tiny again.. weird.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 20:46 

can some one do me a favour can you upload the 2 files i need with all the modifications on it for a res of 5040x1050 please

I would do it my self but im lazy and don't want to sit here trying all the different values just to get it to work when there is probably some one that has already done it all for this res and it would take like 2 minutes of there time to upload the 2 files that I have to replace

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2010, 21:51 

My biggest complaint is that the mouse sensitivity change from the game to the speech interaction is frustrating. It feels super heavy in game and ultra fast in the speech/similar menus.

Could be a problem with the mouse acceleration, the sensitivity was VERY different for me as well in-game/menus, until I added the same command lines for turning mouse acceleration off, just like in Fallout 3.

Add these in Fallout_default.ini (Steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas) under the [Controls] section, if you haven't tried it already:

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

If that doesn't solve it, try disabling V-Sync in the same INI file by changing "iPresentInterval=1" to "iPresentInterval=0", just like in Fallout 3, the tick box in the launcher for V-Sync does not work.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 11:13 
Administrators
Administrators

Thanks TBZ, I'll give it a crack tonight.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2010, 19:22 
Insiders
Insiders

Awesome thanks for the eyefinity fix!

What settings would you recommend for 5916x1080? The same as you posted?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next