Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 09:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 22:26 

Hi peops,
I have read this post a few times now and tried a few times. I just got mine to work from the start. I'm not quite sure about setting the "Left" and "Top" fields, but I don't know if I need to since I don't have black lines.
I am running the FOV hack with the recommended settings:

5040x1050

Aspect: 0.2056 (3 x 16:10 res)
Left - 0
Top - 0
Right - 5040
Bottom - 1050

I couldn't seem to get it to work and am running v1.2 but luckily and thanks to the method quoted below got me up and running.
I just wanted to toss my experience into this older title since I have had to mess with it for a good portion of the day. And thanks Tricky, this trick seems to work great for me.

tricky wrote:
Caution: If you press the * or / it will "shrink" back down to the non-triplewide...must be something to do with SoftTH.

I have tried many variations for the SoftTH.cfg, but the only way I can get the triplewide image is to:
Launch the FovHack, Launch the game, press * in game

Note: The picture will not be triplewide yet. But now the FovHack is enabled in memory.
Close the game (Alt+F4 works well) but keep open FovHack.
Relaunch the game and triplewide is enabled properly.
Note: with my current configuration, if in game I then press * or / the screen snaps back to non-triplewide.
It might be that similar to the FovHack for COD4, SoftTH needs the fov adjustment to be reapplied in memory every XXms to be able to enable / disable it. Or it might be I just haven't found the best cfg settings yet.
If the * and keys could be remapped to other "hotkeys" would be great for us numpad + mouse gamers, but it's working and runs smooth.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2010, 15:23 

hey..........i know this is a WIDESCREEN forum... :hide .....but, cud u guys tell me what do i type in there if my resolution is 1024x768 ,......i.e. i am using 4:3 aspect-ratio!!!!!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 03:58 

In anticipation of the next game like many others I was looking to play the trillogy and was very disapointed to find that all the mirrors to the FoV changer (acFOV3) have all died, and for those using steam you simply have no choice but to be using the latest version which is incompatible with the acFOV2.

The page for Assasins Creeds on the mainpage of Widescreengamingforum links to version 2
http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/assassins-creed

The page for Racer_S on the tools page of the mainsite had no links in itself and only a link to Racer_S's website
http://widescreengamingforum.com/software/racers-hacks

and on Racer_S's website the only remaining link (which links to a composit of all his/her projects from 2002-2008) starts the download but has a error when the file is completed and is a unusuable corrupted file, its even been flagged for being a broken file by other users :
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6

So please if anyone wants to keep the support for old and good games going and has this old file would they mind uploading it to the internet somewhere temperarily until Racer_S has the archive fixed again?

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 15:44 
Editors
Editors

Some AV apps report this file to be potentially dangerous, its probably a false positive, but i cant download it myself and add to the Detailed Report page.

Post subject: Thank you for trying the
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 17:52 

Thank you for trying the download too, It honestly seems that without someone that already has the file or without Racer_S's input that this file could be lost from the internet, just to clarify further the file was posted first by Racer_S on page 6 of this thread in responce to the last patch that assasins creed had, if you have this file it should be quick and painless to upload it.

Hey... I've updated the tool for the 1.2 patch... v 1, 0, 2, 86610 to be specific.You can grab it here: http://dl.tocaedit.com/acfov3.zip Enjoy!

Racer_S's last activity on his/her own website atleast was 01 April 2011 so i'm a little worried that contact with him/her will not be the solution.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 18:07 
Editors
Editors

Well i was able to download from Racer_S site and uploaded the file here, hope its the version you're looking for, cheers.

Ive included this latest version of the hack in the game's Detailed Report.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 18:56 

Excellent thank you, it turns out my antivirus Avast was blocking the download, and once i had the file downloaded by temperarily disabiling it it was deleting the file, once i had dealt with that the file worked perfectly. I also just wanted to say that further down on the detailed report page just above the screenshot section in the attachments section there is still a link to the acFOV2, and that the acFOV3 that you linked further up in the Multi-Monitor Specific Solution encompasses the fixes for the two patches that acFOV2 covers making acFOV2 redundant. Although admittedly i didnt have to fight my antivirus to use acFOV2!

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 18:59 
Editors
Editors

Thanks, yes ive fixed the DR.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2011, 19:23 

My final post on this one, for those who find it hard to disbeleive their antivirus

And for anyone in the distant future needing a mirror of the file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6B1WZYCU

*this is only provided because i can't see any way that Racer_S is making money from the downloads (ADfly and such) and if the origional link goes down*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10