Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 18:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 23:58 

I'm sure someone has had to have figured this out as well but after many searches I found little or how not to word it, so here goes. I have tuned my 3 CRT monitors to near flawless screen alignment by just setting the center screen back behind the 2 side screens so the bezel is only the width of one monitor. I also tilted the center down a touch then adjusted the H allignment of the left and right screens all the way in. To further the alignment, on the side screens only, I adjusted the screen zoom as well as vertical and horizontal screen size, finishing it off with the geometry tilt screen setting. It all comes together as one big view with some of the side screens blacked out and technically crooked but perfect for surround racing/flying/FPS AKA everything except general desktop use. Like looking out of the car around the A pillar. With Track IR I can still see behind the bezel when I turn anyway and the picture is fluent without the annoying gap jump distorting the view at all. I race in cockpit at 35-40 Deg FOV and the sense of speed it awesome. Hope this helps anyone else. Everything is set at your particular average viewing angle which is important to note. Side monitors are turned as flat across as possible, maybe around 22 to 30 degrees in.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2007, 17:28 

I experimented with this when I reviewed the analogue T2Go.
http://www.simhq.com/_technology/technology_065l.html

As you say, you can make it work in games, but when you go back to the desktop everything is unusable. As far as offsetting the center monitor front-to-back, I don't think I've seen any discussion of it here, but there's many mentions of it on the racesimcentral forums.

The great thing about the bezel management feature of the digital T2Go is that you can turn it on and off with a hotkey.