Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 May 2024, 00:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006, 21:05 

Hello - I am getting my TripleHead2Go today and I have a question to the veterans of THTG about LCD's and native resolution...

I have 3 20" Dell 2007FP 4x3 monitors to run with the THTG. The native resolution on this monitor is 1600 x 1200. I know the THTG can only run up to 3840x1024 (1280x1024 x 3).

Does the THTG software allow you to bypass this mode and go back to just native resolutions, either 1600x1200 for 1 monitor, or 3200x1600 across two monitors?

When I am doing my real work I would really like to have 2 monitors running in native 1600x1200 resolution each. The only way I can think of to do this is to manually switch the VGA cable, add a DVI cable to the other monitor, etc. anytime I want this. Is there a better way to do this?
What have you come up with...

Thanks, Mark

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006, 21:24 

TH2G will do 3 screens or 1 and no it cant go above 3840x1024 in 3 screen setup but in a single screen you can do any resolution your monitor supports. If you want to switch between 3 and 2 screen setups ... you best bet is to have 1 screen with dual interface so you can switch it between DVI and RGB on the secondary output of your video card. The primary output will go through TH2G and you can go back and forth between 3 and 1 screen configuration as many times as you want with out any troubles.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006, 21:29 

Thanks for the quick reply - The Dell 2007FP does feature switching between VGA and DVI inputs. So I set the THTG to go single screen, and then switch the input on my 2nd monitor to DVI (so there is a DVI cable running from my video card DVI output to this monitor then too right?)...

I think I could live with that. Do I have to reboot my PC at all for this, or can this be handled just in the Nvidia software and THTG software? That would be cool if it did not require a reboot...

Mark

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006, 21:48 

Your secondary monitor will be connected to TH2G via RGB and secondary input on the video card via DVI.

You don’t have to reboot to do this. TH2G is just hardware ... there is really not software needed but it’s good to install so you can do image quality adjustments. As far as your computer is concerned it’s not seeing TH2G module but a very large size monitor that supports ultra wide resolutions. So all you have to do when you want to switch is go to the display properties and move the little bar back to normal resolution and enable the secondary screen and you are ready. If fact because you will be disabling the second monitor when you switch to single screen mode the monitor should automatically scan and switch to DVI mode automatically. When you want to go back you just disable the secondary screen and more the bar back to ultra wide resolution and hit apply.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2006, 22:19 

Sweet - that sounds like a workable solution for me. Thanks a lot for all of the information :)

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2006, 07:26 

You are welcome :)