Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 08:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2006, 02:37 

I have a XFX 7950 GX2 and according to matrox's compatability tool and there site this is unsupported. I noticed a post further down in which someone was using the same card so i presume it works but hasnt yet been verified by matrox?

Obviously its allot of money to put into the setup (graphics expander module + 2more monitors) if it isnt going to work!

Which brings me onto my 2nd question: how essential is it that all 3 of ur monitors are the same. Currently i have a 19" Iiyama prolite E481S, oc i intend to get 19" (and possibly iiyama) but do they have to be exactly the same (ie E481S) or should i be lookng for monitors with specific details that match, perhaps refresh rates/some other monitor spec detail that i dont understand...

Thanks for your help. Will post more questions when i have them, and hopefully sometime people will ask questions i have the answers to :)

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2006, 18:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Most nVidia cards work just fine. The problem is with ATI cards, not nVidia. :)

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2006, 16:08 

Identical monitors are nice but not 100% critical. Ideally the dimensions will match perfectly, but even then it is nearly impossible to line them up perfectly so it doesn't matter a great deal.