Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 22:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 18:51 

Hi,
I have recently updated my TH2GO setup from 3x19" to 3x22" from standard to widescreen monitors.
FSX was running fine in fullscreen, but now I have a number of problems. I have the typical black 2D panel, crazy cursor issue described in another post on wsgf - fine.
My biggest grip is even when sticking to a VC if I hit the brakes - or get another on screen alert (overspeed for example) the screen flashes several times (showing what looks like the contents of the previous loading screen as it has "loading 100%" box centered on it).
Switching back to 3840x1024 and it goes away. Also windowed mode seems to cure it - although windowed FSX is not for me.

Any other FSX users out there have a clue?

Cheers.
Gav.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 05:28 

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

It is probably Vsync causing it.
Try turning it off. That fixed it for me.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:43 

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly not that, and even if it was, the screen tearing would be a big problem for me.

Any other ideas?
On the same screens reverting back to 3840x1024 is solid and smooth.

I have 3x LG L227WTP and the bezel management is screwy on 2 of them (max of about 70 pixels before both edges start to creep in and weird distortion occurs). The are 2008 builds (even though I just got them .... :-()

Cheers.
Gav.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 23:28 

That's all I know of. Somebody else brought it up a few months back. That's where I remember reading it. It was doing the same thing on mine. I had to run in 3840x1024 or the screens would go black for a second when I would bring up ATC window, gps, etc.
Turning of vsync is what fixed it, I am pretty sure.
I tried searching earlier, but couldn't find the thread.
It may have been to turn it on, instead of off, but I do believe it was only the vsync in my case and theirs.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 03:57 

Hi again

I did find the thread I was talking about. However, it wasn't here, it was at Simviation.
But since you already tried, this probably has nothing to do with what you are experiencing.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 04:43 

Thanks again for trying to help out.
I checked out the other post, similar but not quite. I don't necessarily get a black screen during the flashes, it's that last buffer (I guess). Usually the a black screen with the 100% loading scenary FSX dialog. Although, I have seen the windows desktop as it was prior to me loading FSX.

It seems that 5040x1050 is just big enough to cause some issue with the screen buffers, wether that be in the driver or FSX, 3840x1024 is not. And of cause just me :(

Weird.

At this rate I'll be going back to 3x19" and using the 22"s for the gauges and the like...

:-(

Cheers.
Gav.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 07:25 

Those monitors are native res for it too.
Try asking at Simviation. Those guys really know the enternals of the game. It may be something as simple as a cfg edit to correct it.
Worth a try. They are a great bunch of guys over there and willing to share their knowledge.

Good luck, you might still be able to get it working.
EDIT:
By the way, have you tried 4320x900? If it will work at least you can remain in the correct aspect ratio until you either get 5040x1050 or not. Your image won't be stretched then. It looks nicer than 3840x1024 does, since it isn't stretched. Hopefully that will work. It is what I am running in, since my monitors will not do 5040x1050 :cry: