Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 23:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 21:37 

Think others have the same issue as me.

Basically, if I reboot, the TH2GoD doesn't startup unless I disconnect and then reconnect the USB cable before the boot. I.e. if I disconnect then reconnect the USB before powering up, it comes up fine, if I don't then I have to do the same and restart before it's detected.

This is from a motherboard USB connector. I think it's because my motherboard (P5K Premium) still powers the USB in shut down and so the TH2Go doesn't reset properly I assume when you then power up again unless it's been disconnected between.

Could hang it off one of the monitor USB hubs I suppose, that'll probably work better since I assume the USB power would then be cut when the monitor is powered off.

Anyone use a better solution?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 11:26 

Hello,

i have same problem with digital edition, my triple analog worked fine since one year but with the digital i have trouble

i think is caused by my motherboard, cause +5v usb, the power led of triple head is always light.

ocz 700watts gamexstream with +5v sb
dfi sli dr expert nf4
win xp sp2

how can i resolved the problem?

I have usb options in bios:

USB memory type
USB park mode
USB td reads
USB periodic data reads

?????

Thanks by advance, cordially

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 14:12 

Yep. It's because the digital version is USB powered. Some motherboards still power USB peripherals even when in soft off and I think it is this that is causing the issue since the TH2Go doesn't 'reset' itself between the power cycles which is why if it's disconnected from the USB then reconnected before powering up the system it works fine.

A solution is to hang it off a powered USB hub which is then turned off when the PC is powered down. A monitor USB hub is probably ideal since I assume it doesn't still power USB devices when it is off - the issue then would be that you'd have to power the monitor up before the pc.

Haven't heard any word from Matrox on this issue which I would assume could cause many support calls since the unit effectively ceases to be detected until its power cycled - seems strange why it isn't something that came up during their testing or something that was predicted. The TH2Go unit itself needs to reset itself on losing harware detection with the PC rather than relying on the 5v power line.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 16:20 

i think i have found solution for my motherboard: (love dfi)
i can move 2 jumpers for switch 5vsb to 5v on my motherboard(sorry for my english, i'm french)

look page 40 chapter "usb power select" :
http://eu.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual/87910551.pdf

perhaps have you same option with your motherboard?

i can not try it now Because access is a bit more complicated in my tower(water+sli...)
I reposte of that I tried

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 16:42 

Good find. Doesn't seem to be an option on my board - Asus P5K premium, at least, can't see it documented in the manual.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2007, 17:37 

it'ok for me, i have switch jumpers to +5v and all work fine!

sorry for you if your motherboard don't have this option.
perhaps can you also look in bios parametres? try to disabled wake on by usb

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 22:09 

Coming back to this (I still have the issue) but does anyone with an Asus P5K not have this issue? Or anyone have the same thing but have now fixed the problem?

I just have my USB on an extension that I quickly disconnect and then reconnect before power up to get around the issue - also have a fourth monitor connected anyway so if the TH2Go isn't detected properly then I just fall back to the fourth (main) monitor without issue.