Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 04:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 21:32 

I'm having a VERY annoying issue...

If I shut down my PC. Then when I turn it on again the displays do not activate. The PC will boot up but no displays will work. My DTH2G's light is red. The only way I can get it to work is to plug in one of my monitors, start the bootup and then hot swap it to the DTH2G. Then it works fine for restarts and everything until I shut down again. It is driving me nuts!

I have two nVidia 8800 GTX SLI gfx card setup.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2007, 22:05 

I'm having a VERY annoying issue...

If I shut down my PC. Then when I turn it on again the displays do not activate. The PC will boot up but no displays will work. My DTH2G's light is red. The only way I can get it to work is to plug in one of my monitors, start the bootup and then hot swap it to the DTH2G. Then it works fine for restarts and everything until I shut down again. It is driving me nuts!

I have two nVidia 8800 GTX SLI gfx card setup.

Sounds like you're having the same problem some guys on [H] were:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1225164

Try unplugging the power (usb) before rebooting.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 00:27 
Founder
Founder

I had a similar issue once or twice. I keep my gaming rig turned off until I'm playing it. If you look at all the hardware in my sig, keeping all that turned on makes my office hot as blazes. The one time I had a consistent issue, I found that one of my cable ends had become loose.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 00:21 

Same issue I get http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12158

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 09:08 

sometimes i get the same problem. switching of power for the whole computer or disconnecting the USB will work just fine.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2007, 14:08 

Yep, I have mine plugged in via a short USB extension which sits on top of the case so it just a case of unplugging and plugging before hitting the power button - but, shouldn't need to do that if the dTH2Go was initialising itself properly on a cold boot.