Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 09:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2007, 22:21 

I've had two important issues with the DTH2GO.

1. When I run a FPS game I prefer my single monitor at 1680x1050, but it resulted in displaying on the left monitor and not my center.

2. When the computer goes into sleep mode for a long time...like overnight...the DTH2GO never wakes up.

I just finished allowing Matrox support (514) 685-0270 (9AM to 5PM Eastern Time) to control my computer...yeah they require taking control of your computer via a custom application that they have you install...it also opens up the firewall for the UDP ports to their application automatically. I had a spare hard drive and installed XPSP2 on it just for this purpose so they couldn't do any damage if something went wrong.

Anyway, they installed 2 updates. Apparently the DTH2GO has at least two modules in it...a control module and an output module. In a previous thread I saw someone indicating that his device ID was somehow goofed up due to the update. But, mine worked fine...the output module doesn't even have a device ID as it ships from the factory...there are two executables and two firmware packages...if you mix them up then it may damage your DTH2GO...not sure if it will even work, but I'm not willing to try.

My first problem has been resolved totally. Not only can I leave my settings as they are and run any single monitor game on the center monitor, but I can change the resolution to 1680x1050 without having to unplug my monitor and plug it directly into my graphics card like I had to before.

I will have to wait and see if my second problem has been resolved.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 20:30 

I too had the tech support get into my computer. it does not work on the center monitor, but the Power Desk SE software crashed everytime it loads in any other screen setup other than three monitors.

I also D/L and removed/reinstalled new versions of the SGU and PowerDesk SE both by Matrox.

I also had the sleep monitor problem.

RKip

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2007, 20:52 

I came in this morning and all of my monitors fired right up! It looks like Matrox has come through with a complete fix, both for the center monitor problem and for the sleep problem.

Not only is my center monitor getting the display of games I launch, but it's also running at it's max resolution of 1680x1050 while in 3 monitor mode @ 1280x800. I can finally leave my center monitor plugged into the DTH2GO instead of having to unplug it and plug it directly into the sound card as well as shut down the computer.