Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Jul 2024, 00:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 17:31 

I'm getting some UI rescale. I've checked mod and tested it like crazy and it's seems that stretching the display to 3840x1024 has an impact on those:

- XP awards (look on the pic) too big

- Player Arrow in minimap too small
- Chat bubbles too big
- "High Threat" / "Attacking you" / "Changing Target" (instances) too big

somebody knows how to fix those ? they are the last irritants left in the game, would love to get rid of them :)

Cheers
N

[/img]

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 03:14 

Bunch of us have this problem.. same with the damage and healing being too big and the arrow on the minimap being too small.

No fixes that we know of as of yet.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 17:27 

same thing happens when you enable health bars over enemies. they're huge when they get near.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2008, 22:56 

you can disable the incame scrolling combat text and get the SCT addon which allows you to adjust the size of the tex that is scrolled with the addon...for the minimap thing, ive just had to get use to it...

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2008, 00:19 

SCT, scrolling combat text for the text,
for the map, i dunno.
There was a addon that replaced that health bar problem. You can find it in the DR here on the site.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 03:17 

have the same problems

MikScrillingBattleText replaces the text of the damage I make with a nice adjustable font. (SCT just replaced the font, but it was still huge)
XP-Text is still huge

for the minimap problem, the only workarounds I found was to use rotating minimap, which I find annoying, or to scale the whole minimap bigger, which is possible with Chinchilla-mod.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 18:22 

I use an addon called Simple Minimap from http://www.Cursegaming.com
I also tryied Basic Minimap which also worked both of these allowed me to scale my map and reposition it anywhere i like onthe screen.

So my Arrow is now a goodly size again.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 20:26 

I use a number of addons. I also change the viewport -

/script WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints(); WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 1000, 0); WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT",-1000, 0);WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true);

that makes the displayed area smaller, about 2" overlap on each side monitor. With the rest of the black area on each side I have my chats, maps, etc. I use Chinchilla for the minimap and Cartographer3 for the world map, Parrot for combat text, Dominos for my action bars, Quartz timer bar, and a number of others.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2008, 21:08 

Holy poop thats quite the kick butt WoW setup!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2008, 09:56 
Insiders
Insiders

I use a number of addons. I also change the viewport -

/script WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints(); WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 1000, 0); WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT",-1000, 0);WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true);

that makes the displayed area smaller, about 2" overlap on each side monitor. With the rest of the black area on each side I have my chats, maps, etc. I use Chinchilla for the minimap and Cartographer3 for the world map, Parrot for combat text, Dominos for my action bars, Quartz timer bar, and a number of others.

That there is how most non-FPSes should be with 3 monitors. Giving us a wider camera angle helps little, but more UI on the screen is a huge boon!