Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 23 Oct 2024, 16:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fallen Earth
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 20:03 

Fallen Earth is a new MMO thats just been launched via Steam and Direct2Drive.

Its not by any major gaming company so its been done on a limited budget and hasnt had much of a press campaign yet when compared to the likes of Aion or other large releases.

It still feels a bit rough round the edges and the graphics in some areas are a little dated, however it looks to have potential as it combines FPS elements with many RPG functions. To fully appreciate the game you have to look past the barren areas outside and concentrate on the dungeons and starting mission. Some of the areas you start off in outside are very barren and I think this is a mix of a rush to get the game completed and also to limit lag. Dungeons and indoor areas should get a lot better and have much more detail.

I tried to get it running over my TH2GO system and had little luck until just now.

Although it detects 5040 x 1050 which is my current windows resolution I have only managed to get it to work at 4080 x 768 on fullscreen mode as everything else causes a rendering error.

Its clear the game wasnt really designed for TH2GO as the player creation area shows some grey cut off to each side of the screen, no big deal though as once your in the main game it seems to work ok.

The HUD can be dragged all over and placed where you want with the click of a mouse so thats not a problem.

I only managed to get 1 screenshot before the server went down for a reboot, hence the HUD looking a bit odd:

As you can see theres a bit of fisheye effect going on but its not too bad and I have yet to try messing with any other settings or files.

Buy it on Steam here http://store.steampowered.com/app/40000/

Oh did i mention its NOT WoW!! woohoo! anything for a change

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 16:43 

I've been playing this game for a little while now and love it. Nothing like having fun in the apocalypse. I was having similar resolution problems until I figured out to disable anti-aliasing in the launch options. It stopped erroring out after that. I now play at 5040x1050 fullscreen with everything on high except for anti-aliasing. Perhaps give that a shot?

EDIT: I just checked my email and the FE bug team said they are looking into the rendering error.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 12:51 

Cool, I was getting used to 4080 x 768 which looked a bit wierd.

I will turn off AA and give it a go.

Post subject: I'm doing a necro post
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 10:25 

I'm doing a necro post because i've just started to play Fallen Earth... yes, 1 year later :p

Actually the game support 5040x1050 well in the 3rd player view. In 1st player view it works too but there is a FOV problem, and it needs to be increased. If anyone knows how to do that, please speak now :)

I've also made a thread on the official forum