Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Aug 2024, 04:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member - questions
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 02:56 

Hi Guys and Gals,

Im in the middle of upgrading my system, and I think i have decided i want to go w/ the TripleHead2Go.

So, my problem is, i have a 2 month old gorgeous 23" 16 x 9 sammy thats native res is 2048 x 1152.

My side monitors are 5 year old sammies - 22" SynMaster 205BW's (1680x1050)

I want to replace both side monitors as they have been scratched from going back and forth to lan parties.

It is seeming to me, that my only option though, is to box up my 23 incher and take it to work, and just buy 3 new monitors.

Any thoughts?

I run an I7 3.02 (overclocked) on an Asus Rampage 2 Extremem mobo, w/ 6 gigs of ram. 6 more gigs is coming. My primary video is a GTX 260 superclocked, and my secondary card is a Geforce 8800.

If i end up buying 3 more monitors, i will replace the 23" first, and then the two side ones a month after that.

Any help you can offer i would appreciate. I am looking at the following monitors.

I'm a big fan of Sammies - I was looking at this monitor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001345

thanks all!

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 06:15 

I believe the general consensus of the board is that the best option would be to go with Eyefinity.

However, as it seems that you are going with the TH2G option, the best thing to do would get 3 1680x1050 monitors. If you are looking for a way to save money, just replace the 23" with another 22".

One more piece of advice, if you are going to get new monitors, you also might consider the IPS route of monitors.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 13:13 

Until Matrox gets a grip of their support and software I wouldn't touch TH2G at the moment. In hindsight it was definitely not worth the money for the box and three expensive monitors.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 16:47 

hmm... I have never been an AMD/ATI fanboy.

What is going on w/ TH2Go right now and Matrox in terms of support? It appeared to me that with the release of new nVidia drivers and TH2Go drivers that all windows 7 issues had been resolved? Maybe i misread or missed something.

I doubt i will go eyefinity - especially not after having just purchased a new GTX260.. i might have to wait a year.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 23:27 

hmm... I have never been an AMD/ATI fanboy.

What is going on w/ TH2Go right now and Matrox in terms of support? It appeared to me that with the release of new nVidia drivers and TH2Go drivers that all windows 7 issues had been resolved? Maybe i misread or missed something.

I doubt i will go eyefinity - especially not after having just purchased a new GTX260.. i might have to wait a year.

I don't think it has anything to do with fanboyism. It comes down to a question of what works with what you want.

If you are going to go the 1050 route then TH2G would be good (but you would not, in my opinion be future proofing), but if you go with the 1200 monitors then by all means sell your gtx260 and get an eyefinity card. IF it is a cost issue then wait a bit and save up (like me, it has taken 3 months to finally get everything ready for my system) or not. Like I said it comes down to what you want.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."