Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 04:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 11:34 

i get the 16:3 (48:9) in windows.. but the games dont seem to understand it.. i thought the newer aspect ratios like 16:3 should turn up in the game's video settings.. what could i be missing?

i'm connecting through hdmi since my monitors arent PC-based monitors.. so i'm expecting a 5760X1080 resolution since i have two 4850X2..

i know i'm missing something stupid.. HELP!!!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 20:48 
Insiders
Insiders

Well a couple of things actually.

To game over 3 monitors, windows needs to see 1 giant monitor.
To achieve this you can use Eyefinity (ATI's 5000 series Cards), SoftTH (a Software Solution), TH2Go (A Box that Splits the Signal to up to 3 Monitors), 3D Surround (nVidia's 200 Series and up solution).

In your case, if you don't want to spend anymore money you can use SoftTH (it's free). It requires alot of configuration to get games working and there tends to be a slight lag on the side monitors. Also, you can use Crossfire or Sli which sucks. But you arn't limited in the resolution options you can pick.

Otherwise Get a TH2Go (highest Res it 5040x1050) or a 5000 Series Card From ATI and Eyefinity it.

Now that's out of the way, once you get one of the above solutions, depending on the game, you might have to configure the games to not only be able to use non-standard resolutions, but increase FOV and possibly move the HUD to the center so it doesn't stretch. More and More Surround Gaming is being supported in modern games, so this step is vanishing for the most part.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2010, 20:19 
Insiders
Insiders

also

ULTRAMON software + run game in window mode and after that maximize it to all screens

not work with all games but if you have some luck should be

//edit
in dirt2 not work with 3 gpus @ 7 lcds
I guess its support only with one gpu so with some luck maybe you can run it on 4 screens