Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Sep 2024, 11:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mount and Blade Warband
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010, 21:15 

"Monitor Screen Mode Enabled"

Now why can't AAA games get this much right? MnB was one of my favorite single player games of all time (2nd only to Oblivion)... and Warband looks to be amazing in triplewide. :D

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2010, 03:06 

Aye, they did a great number of adjustments towards multiple screen display setups. I'm really impressed with how much has been done towards this specific display mode too in just the final month before release. They've responded to every bug report and sure enough each revision carried the fixes as promised. There are only really three little things left for them to resolve before I could safely say this game is entirely triple screen friendly.

The first two are very minor where one is how in map mode you can only click on the center screen's area to make your party move and the other is how the left and right monitor flicker whatever was on the screen just prior to you entering an NPC dialog screen. The slightly more prevalent one though is how this multi-monitor mode they've got is geared towards 3x4:3 aspect resolutions and kinda mishandles any other triple resolutions, so right now the most ideal situation is to be playing in 3072x768 on three non-wide screens. Essentially all of the menus and HUD info was geared towards this so if you've got a non 3x:4:3 ratio you'll notice the central window doesn't precisely match the borders of your center monitor, either bleeding over in 5:4 or coming up a little short in any of the wides. Don't get me wrong though its still pretty minor and the game is still very playable in triple screens of all kinds.

The development team is aware of these remaining issues as I've logged them in the bug tracker and gotten feedback from Serdar in specific for each of them, they've just got that pesky little official game launch thing to deal with and then they can put more efforts into these sorts of things again is all. Good times to be a triple screen owner for sure.